Safegit - Decentralised git on SAFE Network

New dWeb Blog post on Web and SAFE Network:

safegit: Decentralised Git on SAFE Network

by happybeing, 21 February 2019
This article explains how to create a decentralised git repository on SAFE Network, push to it, clone from it, and submit pull requests back to it. So all the normal git functionality is working, right now.

Web: https://dweb.happybeing.com/blog/post/002-safegit-decentralised-git-on-safe-network.md

SAFE: safe://dweb/blog/post/002-safegit-decentralised-git-on-safe-network.md

51 Likes

just wanted to mention that i love what you do and how you do it =)

(i’m super busy lately and don’t manage to get anything worth mentioning done…)

20 Likes

@riddim thanks, I appreciate that. I’m luck I do have time and I also love what I do :blush:

You do a great job too, and thank you for that.

15 Likes

Great thing is the site is even faster on SAFE than it is on the WWW. Have you tried it on the community network? I will also have a tinker when I have a moment (which I don’t right now unfortunately).

12 Likes

Incredibly good work, Mark! You’re really showing everybody that they don’t have to wait. Can start laying the groundwork right now.

16 Likes

Teensy weensy nit-pick

The GitHub - happybeing/safe-drive: SAFE Drive: access SAFE Network using the file system of Windows, Mac OS and Linux) link 404s cos it has a trailing ‘)’

7 Likes

Amazing work Mark! This community wouldn’t be what it is without your presence and knowledge over the years and the insanely productive effort you’ve put forth with SAFEdrive and SAFEgit recently. Keep pluggin’ away!

14 Likes

tenor

@happybeing, I think you just secured a massive future user base.

Just amazing. Thank you.

I think at some point soon git clients like gitkraken should be reached out to. Really would be great to have safegit in gitkraken.

Edit: This is the type of news to buy company shares on, time to buy some more maids.

10 Likes

Very nice! Keep up the great work @happybeing!

6 Likes

Thanks everyone, it is great and very helpful believe me to receive these comments from folk I’ve come to know and respect.

Extra thanks @Southside, for taking the trouble to report broken links is really helpful. UPDATE: now fixed on Web, and will be fixed on SAFE when I next publish a new post.

10 Likes

Well done @happybeing

8 Likes

safegit update

safegit now works with the SAFE CLI! :partying_face:

So we can again publish git repositories to SAFE, clone/fork them, make changes and offer pull requests back to the original all using the SAFE CLI and the safegit script. See:

14 Likes

You are going to go down in git history.

safegit is a killer safeapp and will be just too tempting for programmers.

11 Likes