Safecoin VS SAFE Storage

Thanks very @dyamanaka that makes more sense and a very good round-up.

Couldn’t this happen anyway if the market prices Safecoin at a level that is well below the value of “normal” transactions? Normal could be anything given that the sky is the limit with killer apps, assuming the killer apps can go with Safecoin as a currency and not something else if Safecoin is mainly suited to hard drive space purchases.

If using separate tokens per “unit”, then one cow can be traded for 100 chickens, but having 100 chickens does not mean you have a cow so you would need to trade back before spending it (if “spending” is the right word in this case since calling it a coin is probably a misnomer). Anything that behaves like that does not fit the definition of a currency and opens Safecoin up to a lot of unknowns and extra risk from all sorts of angles. I know I have been repetitive on trying to get a handle on this question, mainly because I was considering investing in some Safecoin and am trying to understand exactly what it is and how it will function before I did so. There is a lot up in the air so just have to be patient and wait until the devs design the specifics release the testnet so we can see how it runs I guess :wink:

1 Like

yes the are, but on the network there is no border. everybody could be a citizen of the network. even if there are taxes, they would be the same for everybody, no matter the border.

i’m talking about ‘regulations’ of the currencies within the network. things like a max income (since there are no borders and there is no need of oil war) or things like max on transactions. i bet smarter people can think of others that are much better, but which have to reduce the negative impact the outside money would have on the network. if the networks succeeds to set a price for a physical value worldwide and outside of the network (for example the price of an apple to be worldwide valued in safecoins or whatever network currencies), i consider the currency to be a success. using outside currencies we can build the network, without giving back so to speak (actually implementing the network to refuse by default), in the form that could advantage the outsideworld, but in a form in which could help the network grow and eventually (utopically) outclass outsidesworld’s borders and limits. in the end it would be about the people, but it would be easier and more correctly to adopt this kind of computational descentralized agreement, than to adopt the same thing under governments or nowadays fiat. also, i think we sould not aim to exchange everything on earth using safecoins. if we can value just one single apple on safecoins, without involving fiat or think that if we pay in fiat it’s cheaper or more expensive, completely defying it, then it’s a big step. but close to impossible.
90% of people will want to milk the system for fiat, if it will not be protected by default and if it will provide a place where fiat could crush the system currency. inside the network nobody can’t intervene by force. it can only by fiat, if the system is opened for this. ‘regulating’ could also kill the system, but only then will we see how much people value privacy and freedom
the problem in digital currencies is that they can’t evaluate physical objects. at least, just yet. digital currencies are evaluated through fiat. not even oil or gold. but mere fiat. that makes them very weak. even we speak of safecoins as a way to pay for the electricity bill. but that means we automatically obey to fiat. being inside the network means we already have the means to be there, and not asking the network to help us be there. in my opinion, there are 2 ways for a viable currency: either is used for just things within the network (like in a game), or it opens itself to outside abuse, case in which it should be ‘regulated’ or otherwise the network could be perverted or worst, compromised

in a nutshell, what physical value do we agree to trade exclusevly for storage on safe network?

when we agree for a value (i think food is the best to start), we can put a text on the UI that says: ‘you can trade safecoins for apples with your neighbours that also use safenetwork. the price for an egg is 2 safecoins’. so you can trade safecoins for an actual physical value, accepted worldwide by the users of the network. so we set the price for an egg. an egg is food that is made by a chicken using the same method anywhere in the world. so an universal price may be a good choice.