Safecoin resource (consumption) model

This is just a brainstorming exercise for an alternative consumption model. Perhaps it might be considered in v2.0

In order for the end-game economy to be self sustaining, we need to balance the cost/consumption equation. I have not thought of everything, which I think is impossible. Here’s some ideas below.

After Cap Implementation
In order for this consumption model to work, Safecoin has to be in circulation beforehand. Once the Safecoin cap is reached we would switch over to this economic model.

GET Request
When a user initiates a GET request, they incur a resource cost to the Network. That resource is provided by everyone servicing the GET request, which is then consumed by the user.

• The user pays the Network based on their GET usage. Payment is actually recycled.
  • Recycled coins go back into the Network pool (unowned coins).
  • The Network pool awards (assigns coin ownership) to those who serviced the GET.
  • Because the relationship is 1 to 1, spamming GET requests for profit is pointless.

Private GET Pricing in Safecoin
Most GET requests will be tiny 1Mb data chunks. We would have to use micro payments to account for each 1Mb chunk. Autonomous GET pricing is determined by Network utilization. Addendum, private data GET will be charged, public data GET will be free.

• If the Network is in a state of overutilization, the GET price goes up.
  • If the Network is in a state of underutilization, the GET price goes down.

PUT Storage
The amount of data a user can store is based on their Vaults (available_space + free amount). De-duplication will help mitigate free amount abuses. Users earn Safecoin by running a vault, which allows them to pay for their own GET usage. We might get to a point where the Network is large enough to remove the storage limit.

• If they provide as much service as they use, their account will be balanced.
  • If they provide less service than they use, they will pay Safecoin.
  • If they provide more service than they use, they will receive Safecoin.

Safecoin’s Fiat Value
It’s too early to tell if Safecoin’s fiat value will be volatile or stable after we reach cap. So I won’t bother with this part.

2 Likes