Safecoin price should now be accurately displayed in Omniwallet

3 Likes

omniwallet is down for me

if it’s urgent perhaps try using:
https://staging.omniwallet.org/

It’s saying my password isn’t correct (it even has my auto-fill the same as the main website). It was just fine until this thread appeared… can’t check anything now.

Hey guys, Onmiwallet isn’t working for me either! The landing page is pretty much blank, any ideas?

Is there a way of getting my coins out of there as this is pretty worrying

Just heard from the Omni Dev’s that Onmiwallet is down! Very worrying

Actually that wasn’t a dev, it was another worried guest in the chatroom

Isn’t there a way to contact one of the people at Omni?

In their latest update they say:

Adam :
Omniwallet
Continuing to handling support / monitor updates from last week
Updating Omniengine to match omnicore 0.0.10 updates

Maybe it has something to do with this update? I don’t see any way to contact them actually.

Contact them through info@omniwallet.org

God I hope so! I wonder could something like them disappearing actually feasibly happen. It’s the Omni foundation that run it yeah so if they disappeared with peoples money it would ruin OMNI would it not?

Relax. It’s probably nothing to worry about. Just some glitch with the recent update most likely.

Hope so, need to backup that wallet ASAP haha, lesson learned

Yeah the wallet offers backup option. Not a bad idea at all.

The windows wallet will soon have a decent functioning version so using offline wallet is also a good idea.

Site is back on and working.

It seems the Poloniex price is now being used to calculate total wallet value for Safecoin. The issue was indeed resolved.

Hey Folks sorry about any potential scare/inconvenience.
It was indeed a glitch in an update made last evening.
The problem has been resolved and everything is back up and running.

If anyone would like to make a fresh backup of their wallet (We highly encourage all users to always have a full backup of their Omniwallet secured elsewhere) we have a write up / article here:
https://mastercoinfoundation.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204423994-How-do-I-Backup-Export-my-wallet-access-my-private-keys-

If you have any other questions let me know i’ll pop back in / check this thread later today.

2 Likes

@adam.omni

It would be nice for the wallet to show what exchanges are actually being used to calculate the price.

In Multibit wallet, for example, you can select which exchange to use to calculate price.

Now it’s pretty clear that only Poloniex is used but it would be nice to have the option to select the exchange in the future.

Thats a nice idea @InTheWoods , i’ll add it to our feature request / things to look into list

1 Like

I know them feels.

Hear they are back up already.

But hopefully this is a lesson to all.

DO NOT EVER KEEP YOUR MONEY IN ONLINE WALLETS OR WALLETS YOU DO NOT CONTROL - KEEP YOUR COINS IN OFFLINE PAPER WALLETS