Safecoin price projection

There was one posted here but have no idea what happened. Big announcement and poof! Gone… Do you own bitcoin?

@mem http://satoshicounter.com/ try there they’re in Montreal, yet I’m sure can help you

1 Like

The more pertinent question I think is: how many people who have some MAID will be willing to sell cheap?

I don’t think we have seen anything with the dynamics of MAID, so we’re in uncharted waters.

There will be two sources of people selling: (1) Those who have a quantity from the crowd sale, (2) those who get it through farming.

As to #1, maybe some early investors will want to dump their positions for whatever reason, keeping the price down. This is most likely while they are still MaidSafeCoin, before converting to the safecoin after launch. When the network goes live and starts to prove itself, even before safecoin is implemented, we can expect a spike in those who want to buy. But how many will be willing to sell. Really hard to say. I know I won’t be selling. If that sentiment is the trend, no telling how high MAID will go before safecoin even exists. Lots of buy pressure, little sell valve to release the pressure. But then again, this will be mitigated by the fact that safecoin, farming, etc., won’t have proven themselves in practice. Very hard to read.

After safecoin proves itself as a live token, with farming, etc., and conversion takes place, all bets are off. Yes, the price of resources to the end user will have some pegging value, but I’ll bet not much. The only way to get a sizable quantity of safecoin will be to get it from a holder who transferred a quantity of MAID. How many will want to part with their safecoin right out of the box? Not me = upward price pressure. Upward price pressure = lots of people running vaults, and using the network, hoping to get some safecoin, and spending it to the network sparingly.

As to #2, those who get them from farming will spend to the network as required, but I’m guessing that they won’t be selling them on any exchanges, even SafeX, unless the price is really high–too much hassle, too much other potential utility.

So the upward pressure will be quite high as far as exchanges go, at least that’s my prediction. But at the same time, even at a high price, they won’t be all that available.

What I’ll be watching for as a sign of safecoin having made it, is when Bitcoin accounts known to belong to Satoshi, which have been sitting idle since he disappeared, start being drawn down through untraceable SafeX exchanges for safecoin. Then it could be “to the moon” indeed.

7 Likes

The price will be at the very least 0.0002 because that’s what it hit around a year ago with no product and based on speculation alone.

Ethereum is currently 0.0077 / 0.008 (depending what market) and is one of the most traded currencies with a USD price of $3 via BTC.

Ethereum has some similarities to SAFE.

I believe Ethereum will peak between 0.02-0.11 (or $10-$40 USD at current BTC price) and will then drop back down to around 0.002 / 0.003 (75c - $1 at current BTC).

I see SAFE going a very similar way only I think it will settle a little lower over time as its not as hypey. Apps will be the key change makers and if SAFE can secure some apps with a lot of users then that price might settle around the USD $1 mark otherwise I see it sitting around 20c USD.

4 Likes

I’m quite amazed that none of the decentralized cloudstorage projects see the (for me) obvious use case: openstack integration. Cloud platforms now heavily rely on their own implementations, either azure storage, amazon s3 (or s3 compatible api within openstack) or the native openstack storage implementations: cinder , swift, glance. Just imagine the power if you can use massive cheap secondary storage on demand without being lockedin by a vendor !

7 Likes

maidsafecoin rise 50% only today, our projection seem good :smile:

3 Likes

First time I bought MAID the price shot up the next day. Over a year ago, I believe. Last night I bought MAID again and some today. And the price shot up again? Made only two buys and both times it shoots up? Strange. I must be good luck for you guys! Anyways, good to be back! (Been away riding the ETH train for the last month). Since this is a speculation thread, I will speculate and say Safecoin will pass its ATH very soon. :wink:

4 Likes

lol Vancan, that is hilarious, but what the hell is going on. Did someone leak some news that we are not aware cause the price is going berserk at the moment and its only one exchange.

What happens when safecoin comes out and more exchanges could be added… Anyone know why safecoin is going nuts… at the moment.

1 Like

I’m an optimist and true believer in safenet, but even I was not expecting to break 10k/5 cents before mvp!

Wowzer, surely it can’t hold/last in the short-term can it?

Many fanboyz on Polo singing praises of SAFE so I guess this must have swung a few fairly big investors to jump on board. Lots of extra/new people online with Eth buzz i guess.

Be strong and hodl!

3 Likes

@nhial, it’s just what happens when people start buying all at once, there is not too many maidsafecoins available at one shot to buy, and especially the price was low enough where even if some people decided today they will buy some, the price will rise on that.

As more people understand what the maidsafecoin is for i.e. it lets you transfer those for the first ~10% of the safecoins on the network,

7 Likes

Maidsafe has left the station. Who’s on board? To the moooooooooon!

6 Likes

true that, it looks like Safecoin holders really believe in this like I do, not much selling going on so the price keeps going up to encourage those that want to sell to offload. I have never seen the volume for maidsafe hit 1M in 24hour trade.

I wouldn’t be suprised if someone has done alot of maidsafe translation into other languages e.g. asian languages. From the look of things, people are getting it, its like they look at ethereum and went, wait a minute - maidsafe has something truely unique. Next year I wonder which mainstream companies will want to try maidsafe tech.

edit: People are asking why Bitcoin is not going up, well it looks to me like all crypto guys are spreading their risks across several coins and bitcoin is the grease.

5 Likes

That was unexpected this morning

4 Likes

I have to wonder how many ETH folks understand they will need a place to put raw data in order to scale. Contracts are one thing to have in the blockchain; terabytes of data are… well, terabytes of data. If ETH does succeed (I hope it does) then we could have a great symbiotic relationship, all the while, learning from each other.

7 Likes

It is a lot of fun to watch all these fast moving variables. Other crypto-tech prices are interesting, but I think there is a much much bigger picture behind this surge and a future water level most of us didn’t really think would ever be possible.

Gold up 5% today, up 30% in the last 2 months. If you haven’t already discovered it, here is my referral link http://www.vaultoro.com/?a=100164 (Thanks if you use it)

USD is in a tale spin with negative interest rates from the fed. http://www.reuters.com/finance/currencies

First oil, then currencies, then banks…all come tumbling down.

4 Likes

“The key driver is this immense pessimism in asset markets, unwillingness to hold anything but the safest assets,” said Steven Englander

He has no idea :wink:

6 Likes

This is exactly why safecoin and safenet are brilliant names on so many levels…

1 Like

I agree.

ETH needs to run their contracts and apps on SAFE but I doubt that will ever happen and not because of technological constraints but instead because the banks run ETH and somehow I don’t see them agreeing with SAFE tech.

1 Like

Yeah was thinking this about the languages also. And its funny because I was showing my brother-in-law the site in German yesterday.

1 Like

Interesting top 3 coins on polo are ETH, EXP and MAID in volume. Never even heard of EXP until today and when I looked at it, its basically a rip off of ETH, great signs for MAID seeing as it has real world value.

2 Likes