SAFEBook - Social Network

I do have some ideas on this project. But my vision goes beyond a social network.

Home Page: Just about every company battles over getting the end-user to make their page the default HOME page. Facebook has been successful in doing this. It should be the other way around. Instead of going to facebook or google or firefox or any other page, the user only logs into their customized home page. Because they self-authenticate upon Network Login, they should have default features not possible on traditional internet.

FEATURES

1. Home page is your personal “name page”. ( SAFE:dyamanaka/home ) This should be the starting point. It is the first page a user sees, the first introduction into the SAFE Network. And it is the gateway to an unlimited cyber universe.

2. No more multiple logins.

3. Seamless Interface. No offense to stand alone apps. As a user, I don’t like multiple window pop-ups all over my screen. All features should be integrated into a webpage interface. This means: Instant messaging, email, tweets, search engine, blogs, pics, news, ads, games, etc… And if cannot be integrated then it should allow an activation link/plugin from the home page.

4. Commerce. This helps the world thrive or die. We need “shopping carts” to be a part of the user’s page, not just to buy more storage. Whenever they buy/bid/sell something, they get an instant update at their home page. I’m tired of logging into ebay, then login to paypal, then login to my bank just to make sure 1 transaction is covered. This has to end!

5. Infrastructure. Traditional internet forces users to go to multiple different sites to do a limited number of activities. We will turn this process upside down. All activities should come to you. News, Music, Games, Education, Shopping, Video, Writing, Politics, etc. Depending on a persons interest, a simple click on a box will customize their experiences. This does not mean they will be locked down on their own site, but it does makes sense to start it this way. Consider how the SAFE Network functions with PUT/GET requests, and it becomes clear.

I’m not a dev, but I can offer insight, consultation, ideas, feedback, analysis, and most of all leadership and management. If people realize the potential we have in our hands, they would be tripping over themselves to collaborate with each other to piece together a (shopping mall of apps) into ONE interface. Just like the ants in nature, we just need several small projects and glue them together to make something new, exciting, and better than anything people have seen before!

I can write a project outline on how to get started. Or we can go solo and do it the hard way. For now, I’m patiently waiting for MaidSafe to build the foundation.

10 Likes