SAFE Vault on Android! Tutorial (Root Required)

This is great stuff Infining, what are you doing for the next 6 months? have you thought about a trip to Troon? they are going to be a man down very soon and might want a hand with stuff like this…

1 Like

Tutorial delivered! WARNING: many steps!

9 Likes

Just waiting for someone :wink: to complain about the UX!

Great stuff @Infining - thanks!

2 Likes

Awesome, so simple, install linux, run vault, done. I was expecting more hacks. Great job.

3 Likes

Right? All we need is an APK now!

2 Likes

rustup allows that. We have not progressed it yet (see the CEP thread though). Rustup is looking to make APK cross compile much simpler now. So they are doing a lot of the work for us to use here. It’s looking very positive there.

9 Likes

Outstanding effort…

Thanks for sharing the tutorial @Infining :v:

1 Like

Great! @infining
This is the way: explanations.
Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Wait, so I am confused…this is NOT a vault running on the android operating system, it is vault running on a linux distro (not android) installed on an ARM device, correct??..

2 Likes

The arm device is an android phone…

5 Likes

Ahh, got it. So we have a vault running on ARM, but not an Android OS APK…I think im with you now! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done! Outstanding! ANTS OUR DAY HAS COME!

3 Likes

Okay, let’s dig into this a little bit if you don’t mind. We’ve been trying to make a Linux Kernel Mainline build of Android for exactly this and related purposes. Mind if I ask a crap-ton of diagnostic questions now?

• What ROM were you using?
  • What is the version of Linux used by that ROM?
  • Phone is a Nexus 6?
  • What do you think about the “Linux Mainline Android” concept? With over a billion android devices out there, and many of them sitting in some desk drawer somewhere because they’re “too old” we are working hard to try and find a reliable and portable way to get Mainline running on Android devices generally. Due to the driver situation, this is waaaay easier said than done and I’ve gone back to the drawing board a number of times.
1 Like