./safe_vault_linux: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.18' not found (required by ./safe_vault_linux)

I’m trying to run this in my terminal

I’m on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit
When I try to connect the vault to the network I get this:
./safe_vault_linux: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version ‘GLIBC_2.18’ not found (required by ./safe_vault_linux)

I Googled, but didn’t find anything helpful to solve this issue, can somebody please help? Because eventually I’m suppose to learn others how to do this hocuspocus.

Thanks

1 Like

Perhaps you should try with an OS released less than 3 years ago

1 Like

@janitor Thanks for the tip. I tried this on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, it works just fine on my desktop. Why I messed with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS in the first place is because it allows you to install a GUI and have root access on your server. With Ubuntu 14.04 LTS you can’t have access to your root account when you install the GUI on your server. I’m more a visual person “I hate commandlines”, but now I’m being forced to use them more regularly which is fine. Because learning new stuff is always good. With Ubuntu 14.04 LTS you can only login as a guest account (which means that you can log in, but basically do nothing).

But maybe this might help others see that there is a roadblock when you try to run a vault on 12.04 LTS

Cool!

That’s incorrect. Please check Ubuntu forums, it doesn’t make sense to repost existing answers here.

@janitor With 12.04 LTS I can log in normal

With 14.04 LTS when I sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop I can only log in on a Guest session.

Like I said above, there’s no need to repost stuff from Ubuntu forums. I just copied your sentence above (verbatim!) and found answers at the very top of the Google search results (and ironically, the answer is also a duplicate, because people simply prefer to post duplicate questions rather than search).

Thanks @janitor for looking this up, I found the same thing when I Googled. The funny part about that question and answer is the answer: It says: Just press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open Terminal.

But if I can only log in with a Guest session I can’t make any sudo commands, because I’m not a su. So it puzzles me why they tell you to just sudo nano /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-ubuntu.conf. But I guess that I’ll have to install ubuntu next to windows and play around with it that way.

Thanks again

sudo nano … is best done via ssh (Putty or whatever you use).