SAFE v1.0 without Safecoin?

As an aside, in the topic with predictions the top poster explained the post wasn’t intended to be judgmental towards MaidSafe devs. This topic is the same - it’s not about delays, but about estimating when v1.0 will be available for production use.
The prediction backs up my suggestions in sense that if no commenter expected v1.0 to be released later than March 2016, maybe it’d be a good idea to consider ways to complete v1.0 by next March.

Yeah, I got that comment on the predictions topic too. “Beta” was renamed into something else (with what purpose?) which I’m too lazy to check now.

This forum. Examples:

• Will public data will be cheaper or not? No answer yet and last time someone commented (David), the answer was it hasn’t been decided.
  • Is the current plan to convert all issued MAID to SAFE on Day 1?

David, here:

If public data is 75% cheaper to attract more users with a lower price, why not completely eliminate the cost of uploads to attract even more users?

Also many others in topics like these:

Several members said that financial gain isn’t the main focus, for example Fergish below, but I also think happybeing and jreighley elsewhere, although I can’t find those posts at the moment:

The point is that safecoin is an incentive which reduces friction, not one that motivates the project overall.

(From Risk of Safecoin making the SAFE network fragile - #18 by fergish)

If it runs without Safecoin but on test network (or whatever it’s called now) and data would be discarded, that won’t produce meaningful results (people will behave uneconomically since it won’t matter).
If it runs without Safecoin but on real network (that is, on which you can lose reputation if you delete or destroy your vault), then it’s different.

Exactly. And it may even be better (I’m not saying it would, but it’s a possibility) for the value of the coin to implement it correctly within 2-3 months after the rest of the code is done, than to implement it poorly with these freebies and weird incentives built in from the start.
If vault reputation is built into the code from the start and works in a meaningful way (that is, it somehow matters), then a bad implementation would be harder to fix (because vault destruction would hurt early farmers relatively more).