Safe-Search, bringing content discovery to the SAFE network

Missed this thread last week. Nice work! Great to see all the apps coming in recently :tada:

Couple of Qs:

How is the data being stored? (What sort of data structure is being used). (as @happybeing noted, available as a datatype/in a structure readable by anyone/app? it would be great if we as a community could come up with some standardized data structures for search).

Do you have a typetag you’re using for the data (or plan to use one)?

Some other thoughts:

Toootally.

A centralized crawler/uploader/search app shouldn’t really be needed for SAFE, in my (super idealised safe-world) opinion. Is there anything blocking users from doing some crawling and uploading data sets? (eg. using a specific tag / or using a public MD with open read/insert as you suggest, that could enable anyone to crawl, and add to the data set, I think).

This also allows users to own their data that they crawled. Which is another great benefit of SAFE IMO.

Crawling and searching don’t necessarily need to be the same application/site (at least, as @neo points out, is the intention with APP rewards). They could very much be two separate things.

As long as the data is open/available and standardised in some way (which we should figure out just how that would be*), then there’s a lot of flexibility brought in for users / consumers / other devs to build upon (just as search indexes).

Heh, @Shane @AndyAlban sorry for the barrage of Qs here. I’ve been thinking about search on safe / what that might mean for some time (but never got round to tidying up my dabbles :expressionless: ). Great to see work coming out in this area! I’d love to hear what you think on the above.

(* There are some threads on this: indexed data; an idea built around some older network data types, but a lot should still be applicable).

13 Likes