SAFE Pod SF - SafeCoin - The SAFE Ecosystem

I understand your concern, but I think there’s a few way we can eliminate the risks.

Wallet safeguards
This is mandatory. Whichever incentive model they decide to go with we absolutely need this. This must be integrated in the Safe Launcher if we want users to feel confident in exploring the network, there’s no way around it. It must be customizable but default to a very conservative setup. All PUT request and money transfer must go through this, no exception.

The safeguard must be able to:

• Stops all transactions from an app if the rate of PUT request increases rapidly. It works just like a seat belt, it gives you maneuverability if you move normally but if things get hectic it stops. (This should be very responsive on conservative settings).
  • Determine a set amount of Safecoin you allow an app to consume. Wanna try an app? Give it a small pool of Safecoins and watch how long it last.
  • Blacklist addresses. This is important, it will allow us to create a database of addresses known to be malicious and stop any application of sending any safecoins their way.

These settings must be customizable for all apps so trustworthy app that you’ve been using for a long time can be set to a more permissive setup.

Charts
Earning Safecoins and spending them will rapidly become part of you daily routine on the network so it’s important to get an idea of how much you spend and how much you earn. The client should come with a basic set of charts to help you figure out what’s happening. It will be a good tool to compare apps together and figure out which is more efficient and which isn’t worth using.

I expect these chart to be made mostly by third party devs but the launcher should provide a few basic ones.

I believe these two feature must be in place whether or not they decide to put the dev incentive on the PUT request. If not, being on the Safe network will feel like walking into a minefield, not quite safe indeed.

Aligning user and dev interest
So with the above two features I think the interest of the user and the dev will naturally align itself. Since any PUT request cost money, app efficiency will become a very important topic. Users will seek app from developer who have a reputation of creating efficient app. For a serious developer, it’s gonna be very important to build a solid reputation and this will end up being very rewarding.

And even if a reputation system isn’t integrated on the network side, it won’t be long before trusted sources start appearing with articles and blog post on what’s good and what’s not.

I think the network can be made pretty safe with these features whether or not they go with an incentive model set on PUT request.

I’m curious to hear what other dev feel about all this. It’s gonna be quite a new ecosystem for them to work in.

I’ll post later on more reason why the incentive model on PUT is awesome and how to integrate it with other charging options, stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes