I get only two.

Network sections information for default network:
Read from: /home/willie/.safe/network_contacts/default

Genesis Key: PublicKey(1895..00bd)

Sections:

Prefix ''
----------------------------------
Section key: PublicKey(042c..f80f)
Section keys chain: [(PublicKey(1895..00bd), 18446744073709551615), (PublicKey(042c..f80f), 0)]

Elders:
| XorName  | Age | Address         |
| 903fa8.. |   5 | 127.0.0.1:53784 |
| 4dfdb6.. | 255 | 127.0.0.1:56397 |

Also I note that I often now see TWO asterisks in the networks table

willie@gagarin:~/projects/maidsafe/safe_network$ safe networks 
+----------+-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Networks |                       |                       |                                                                    |
|----------+-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Current  | Network name          | Genesis Key           | Network map info                                                   |
|----------+-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| *        | PublicKey(1895..00bd) | PublicKey(1895..00bd) | Local: "/home/willie/.safe/network_contacts/PublicKey(13cb..3875)" |
| *        | baby-fleming          | PublicKey(1895..00bd) | Local: "/home/willie/.safe/network_contacts/PublicKey(1895..00bd)" |
+----------+-----------------------+-----------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
2 Likes
safe networks sections
Network sections information for default network:
Read from: /home/user/.safe/network_contacts/default

Genesis Key: PublicKey(0d48..e65c)

Sections:

Prefix ''
----------------------------------
Section key: PublicKey(0a8a..4b30)
Section keys chain: [(PublicKey(0d48..e65c), 18446744073709551615), (PublicKey(0a8a..4b30), 0)]

Elders:
| XorName  | Age | Address         |
| 83a69d.. |   5 | 127.0.0.1:60223 |
| 374159.. | 255 | 127.0.0.1:48357 |
2 Likes

OK its not just me. I think changes today have screwed this up. It was working fine last night/this morning.

Thanks @JPL

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s functional. I can’t upload anything. You?

3 Likes

I havent got as far as uploading
first clue was when I was unable to create a wallet to deposit the genesis DBC into.

safe wallet create gave this error

Error: 
   0: Failed to connect with read-only access
   1: ConnectionError: Failed to connect to the SAFE Network: NetworkContacts("failed to make initial contact with network to bootstrap to after 3 attempts, result in last attempt: Err(InsufficientElderConnections { connections: 2, required: 3 })")

despite running
safe node run-baby-fleming --nodes 20

Same error on trying to put any files

3 Likes

Ah, welcome to what I was doing EOD yesterday :smiley: I did not realise this was caused by the PR that went in (restricting node comms to members only)! I thought it was another PR i had on top of that. That simplifies things.

Anywho, on this the now!

6 Likes

ci: add check for expected number of elders after startup by joshuef · Pull Request #2008 · maidsafe/safe_network · GitHub should sort this. We were missing an update to the acceptable members in sn_comms. Locally all going well now!

(Also, so happy you both spotted this, it’s great you’re running the code from main frequently :muscle: )

10 Likes

I’m sure you guys are aware of it, but just in case, something funny happening with sn_comms crate versioning happening here:

6 Likes

Yes there was a release issue there. @chriso has it in sight though.Thanks chap

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.