SAFE Network - TEST 7

This should not be the case. service name does not need to be the same as the folder name inside the /public/ folder. service name just maps a chosen folder to the service regardless of the name of that folder. such as:

so here the service abc maps to the folder xyz. It can then get used for various use cases for example to update a website, one can setup a new folder with the new content as a staging service or something and when good, just map that folder to the main service …

5 Likes

And a vault and a webpage for Test7 too:

http://once.more.safenet

2 Likes

Outstanding job Team Maidsafe - solid advancements. Impressive.

8 Likes

Grrrr I’m getting MORE of the same kind of errors. I uploaded data, tried cancelling in the middle. Got a partial upload (well that’s good) tried deleting it (that took forever) and when it got “deleted” I can’t reupload it! Gaaaah! AND it says I’ve still spent puts on all this. Shouldn’t I get my puts back after deleting data and not using them anymore?

2 Likes

Not having a LOGOUT button was driving my partially OCD brain nuts! THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It is a bit frustrating. This is definitely the weakest of all, TEST1-TEST6. I have never had as many problems as this test!

Just comforting myself that data retention is not a goal for this test, and I assume I’m just losing data even as it attempts to create my application root directory. Also comforting myself that the issues seem confined to demo app, not the launcher or the vault. At least, as far as I can tell

Same issue here. I’ve seen @davidpbrown reported it already.

No put limit and app can’t initialize after logging back in:

edit update: closed everything and retried to log in and now has authentication error. Using lastpass?

1 Like

demo app: list long names (log entry of launcher) fails very often. can hardly be used at all at the moment for creating id or webspaces or anything. other primitives and low level ops also fail often at present.

Having a problem that i oddly started having late in test 6 with the launcher where the launcher starts up and as soon as the pop up at the bottom saying connected to network comes up the launcher goes white. I restart and same, go to top veiw tab and go to reload and it goes through same deal. On OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan

Yes same here, noticing a pretty huge amount of churn, I think the network is really busy trying to save the data right now. We perhaps should have started a lot more nodes. Looking just now to see if I can see anything.

@Blindsite2k If your put limit is reached then it wont allow re-upload of data. Delete does not refund at the moment.

4 Likes

That could make sense as i didn’t have this problem till late in test 6 when nodes were likely dropping off but hope the issue rears its ugly head for you so i can tinker :smile: From the screen shots it’s looking pretty sweet!

2 Likes

10/500 I think I’ve got some room with that but it is annoying that it doesn’t refund. Not much point in deleting then unless you’re desperate. And it still doesn’t answer why I can’t reupload as I do have the space, refund or not.

What do you mean here, is the screen showing 500/500 or 10/500 ?

There are two counters, the session counter (pie chart) and the full account counter (the box). Or are you perhaps using two accounts?

1 Like

Yes for some reason the demo app is showing a bug at the get-long-names download which is peculiar as you can log in create new accounts etc. as well as load existing sites. More weird though is that it worked earlier for most of us, so it’s a problem in a data type perhaps.

The front end guys will be asleep for a long time (they never slept at all last nigh, instead worked through to clear a load of the bugs). Lets give them a wee while and take a look at that one. I think it is the demo app itself.

4 Likes

@dirvine Actually this is the launcher I’m having an issue with not the demo app I can’t even try demo app because launcher whites out on me. I had a vault running when I first started launcher but then tried with no vault but still no luck. I may redownload the launcher binaries to see if a clean install helps and get back to you although like I said this happened with my launcher late in test 6 with the same launcher file that had worked all through test 6. It’s very odd indeed I’ll pass along a screen shot in a bit. Also I’m not sure how to debug but if it’s simple enough I would be glad to provide that

Can you perhaps check there is not an instance running in the background or similar.

1 Like

Sorry to say I’m not sure how to do that but I’ll look it up and get back to you asap unless you can give me a quick tutorial, I don’t want to take up too much of your time

I agree with a lot of what you say, but we are a small team in a huge proposition. I am not 100% sure this is launcher/demo_app though. It does atm look like there is a data type or issue in a particular data type (perhaps in safe_core) that we need to fix.

It’s a lot of work, we turned many sync calls async last week and this was a week where there was a ton of commits. Routing and vaults are moving on in parallel for the most of this, but we did make a lot of refactoring changes in routing this time as well as safe_core and the changes in the client side.

I wish there was 8-10 devs we could put there, but there is not at the moment. We need more folk for sure, but this test needs to happen to let us catch these part for now.

If we can get this cracked then move on with security / data retention we are in a great place. I imagine we can sort this one out pretty quickly though, but perhaps cannot see it till we test it.

I am thinking tonight though as we move on that perhaps we should not release vaults so easily, perhaps put them a page back for folks that will only run them with a good connection or similar while we get the data retention done. That would allow the network to kill low quality nodes and those are losing data at the moment for sure.

Lets see what we find in the morning though, you are right for sure, more sleep is required for a few of us :wink:

13 Likes