SAFE Network - TEST 7

Thanks, I appreciate you pointing me there. It is a little like we’re running all our sites off of the same server with one setup. I will give that a try.

Just wanted to point out to the team that my DELETED files are not being represented in my Launcher Stats. I’ve deleted numerous private files as well as created and deleted published sites and Launcher still says 0 Deletes. Next round i may actually count tit for tat each of my uploads and downloads (which seems to be accurate to me). Thank you! :smile:

2 Likes

Someone may have pointed it out, but you can’t update files, only delete and re-add. And the deletes are not showing in the launcher dashboard like @Nigel said.

1 Like

Any chance the moderators could create a new topic for passwords/security and move the non-TEST 7 items to there? This thread has really been hijacked and, for those want to read about TEST 7 status, it is becoming increasingly difficult to wade through the unrelated stuff.

6 Likes

Please use the flag button underneath a certain post to notify the moderators :slight_smile: If you ask it like this we need to stumble upon such a post to get our attention.

EDIT: You can also use @ moderators so every mod will get a notification (@moderators)

7 Likes

All ‘SAFE Launcher password’ related posts have been moved to this thread. If you think I’ve missed one, please let me know.

13 Likes

Today i made my first testnet account and set the proxy and uploaded my first page.

Damn makes me much more excited then i already was.

Now i just need to find out were to find the Vaults guide so i can start learning how to do vaults.

7 Likes

They are working on the vault code right now and they aren’t available to be run by users.

4 Likes

Thats why i couldnt find it i guess :wink: Thx for the update!

3 Likes

I had the SAFE Network running smooth on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS all day. Everything is just working alright. Man I love this.

A little feedback. Right now the Demo app says the above when your not logged in or created an account. Maybe it would help, if it would say: Access denied: Create an account with your Launcher or Login your Launcher and restart the Demo app.

Some people might not be aware (I’m talking about myself here, if I wasn’t testing) and might restart the demo app again with the same result (heck they might not even read before they want to get on the SAFE Network).

2 Likes

… especially given that the Launcher doesn’t pop-up, at least not on Linux.

I wonder if the Launcher could use taskbar pop-up notifications that would make it easy to find the launcher for confirming the apps. A column of title SAFE: Confirm app? and two easy to punch buttons =[Yes] / [No].

2 Likes

Vaults are quite easy, double click (on Windows) and most of the time within seconds you’re connected to 30 or 40 other Vaults. Including several encryption layers :thumbsup:

EDIT: That’s when they’re released :yum:

1 Like

Not on this testnet yet @polpolrene!

2 Likes

According to my experience the launcher does pop up under Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) when the demo app asks for permission (at least until “test 7A”, I did not try “test 7B” yet)

EDIT: I mean when the launcher window is in the background, I don’t know what happens when it is minimized…

Yes, it does some form of pop-under but that just creates a flicker without putting the question directly in front of the user.

2 Likes

I did not test it since the 20th of June. Congratulation for the progress accomplished. It’s fluid and fast. And I really like the user interface.

4 Likes

Finally got time to mess around with it. It is solid!

http://bam.savage.safenet

Wow! I pause for 5 seconds due to loading times… Resume playing, it played all the way to end of the video. That’s really impressive!

4 Likes

Hello! Please tell me:

is this actual list of SAFE apps? Or are the more somewhere?

I believe it is the current list of available applications on the test network. I’m not sure every application has been updated to run on test 7.

If you want to try out something that certainly works on test 7, you can download this: Install SAFE Demo App

2 Likes

secret & password to enter the SAFE network just works for me ,
I wouldn’t mind if it is preferred to swap the order of the fields to
password & secret , as this might be more familiar to some users .

I’d love to see a 24h time delay after x-failed attempts built into SAFE
but if we cannot have time awareness on such requests in the core ,
so be it … let’s not give up searching for a hack that can map it .

Choosing a long enough string that is still humanly rememberable
while receiving a semantic guidance and feedback from the app
regarding the strength is useful , let’s also state the bit depth .

We should explicitly display a line stating that SAFE sites are visitable
even without creating any credentials , just by running the launcher app …
( and currently also by pointing to the proxy file to translate our addresses )
It cannot be obviated enough for the very first experiences and beginners .

Sites seem to work really fast from what I have been playing around ,
and managing or creating services have experienced improvements .
We are really getting closer to the core goals of the vision : Can’t wait !