SAFE Network - TEST 6

The playing was 97 gets and the download was like 80 gets And dashboard says total 73.5 MB downloaded

EDIT: did an upload and waited for the logs to show success on the upload. Slow but bareable.
then I kill the demo app and reloaded and the file was there. Downloaded it again, could be faster but still around a minute for 25MB

And it was error free

tl;dr

I found on first try (thanks to those above) that instead of watching the demo app for file complete I waited till the launcher logs showed the file as complete. The demo app stayed stuck on 99%. Closed the demo app and reopened it and I could download the file error free.

Just tried a directory of small files and it worked OK and demo app returned as expected.

So it seems the demo app ā€œhangsā€ on 99% for large files even when the launcher logs says the upload is complete.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had no luck getting Brave Browser to connect to *.safenet

According to the Electron documentation it should work by using the OS Proxy Settings (no proxy settings within Brave for Windows)

ses.setProxy(config, callback)

config Object

pacScript String - The URL associated with the PAC file.
proxyRules String - Rules indicating which proxies to use.
callback Function - Called when operation is done.
Sets the proxy settings.

When pacScript and proxyRules are provided together, the proxyRules option is ignored and pacScript configuration is applied.

Yeah why notā€¦bring it on, Iā€™ve already done 7.5Gb of traffic in 44 hours on an ADSL 2 connection :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Canā€™t seem to connect to any of the sites on the current test.

Not sure what to do. Just seems like it times out.

Iā€™m watching ā€œHellsingā€ right now on Firefox, unfortunately I can watch it on Google Chrome I get this:

:unamused:

Btw when I try to upload the same file in private data it just stays stuck at 19%.
Also when I download an exe file, the exe when downloaded, wants to immediately install on my computer.

1 Like

I just look at the logs in the launcher and wait for the ā€œcreate fileā€ to turn green which says complete.

Thanks, not logging in worked.

Seems like a bit of a weird issue though. Any idea on whatā€™s up with that?

1 Like

Yeah good stuff.

Somehow Iā€™m not able to scroll forward on the video, I can only watch and after that scroll backwards. Well that atleast guarantees that the video is watched completely. Do you have different video formats? It might help to see if they all work, with the default player.

When I upload the same file, it just get stuck. Funny enough, when I try to upload it again, the Demo app remember where it got stuck and stay stuck there again even after I shut it down and try the upload again.

Btw this 53% file is a different from the 19% file I was talking about above. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was able to scroll forward, different experiences for different people.

The vid took a minute or less to start and had to wait what seemed a minute for scroll forward.

2 Likes

Yep thatā€™s what I tested it with.

Hellsingā€™s cool.

1 Like

The video took like 3 minutes before it started for me, that while I got a pretty good connection. Second time watching it, I got the vid immediately.

Sure thing, the vid is running smooth with no signs of buffering whatsoever :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey thatā€™s funny, now that Iā€™m watching the vid for the second time, Iā€™m able to scroll forward.

1 Like