SAFE Network - TEST 6

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Let’s not suffer for any errors , best is to report system and other useful details so the devs can get the hints necessary to find and eliminate any errors or bottlenecks sooner . Errors greet us with a big flag to look for unwanted edges and get rid of them . It’s a matter of looking at trouble with the required zest to overcome any obstacle :ant:

6 Likes

10 Likes

@Pierce

Hours wasted but all for the betterment of SAFE. Sad now happy later

Not wasted! This is what the testing is for :slight_smile: You and everyone trying it out are doing a great job.

13 Likes

6 Likes

We all very much appreciate the suffering you went through for the good of the world :globe_with_meridians: :slight_smile:

(and perhaps it is a reminder of what the MaidSafe devs battle every day :P)

Fight the good fight! :facepunch:

10 Likes

Was able to upload a chapter out of an audio book that was of reasonable size although the demo app was stuck at 99% for hours i quit and restarted it and was able to retrieve it. Just tried same method again and when trying to connect the demo app it tells me to “keep launcher running” even though it was. So after trying to restart my launcher it pops up, starts to connect, then goes blank. very strange. How do i send bug reports?? Want to provide all the help i can.

1 Like

2 Likes

perseverance and a little dancing about :wink:
I watch the ‘total upload data’ on the dash.
Close demo app once its uploaded.
Reopen demo app to confirm files are present (may take a couple of attempts)

fresh accounts seem to play nicer.

3 Likes

1 Like

This has been confirmed to just be a GUI glitch. Your files are still being uploaded successfully when this happens

A video playing like butter makes up for the hiccups. Work remains but progress is undeniable.

1 Like

1 Like

I played this on a new system without any account setup and there were 97 GETs total according to the launcher.

The player in firefox (linux) was prefetching since the last minute (or so) played without any more gets.

26.6MB according to save file in firefox, taking < 2minutes to download and an additional 82 Gets

Now to load the demo app and try things

Is it correct that I must be logged in to be able to authorise an APP???

Because that is what I am forced to do in order to use the demo app

1 Like

1 Like

So in the final network is it going to be that joe-public will not be able to run an app unless they have an account?? @dirvine

It worked out to be 26.6 MB when I downloaded it. And like 80 chunks. Interesting since I thought it was 1MB per chunk

I wonder how many gets are being done for things other than actual chunks in the file. Like directory accesses etc.