SAFE Network - Test 16

you got authorized on the safe://chat.wom ?

Ok gimme a min

Nope :frowning:

2 Likes

yeah that means it’s working correctly

good ok so it’s just me I guess, thanks for that man

1 Like

I wonder if my safe://constellations2 was faulty for this?

A refresh was triggered from the browser after one minute. But new content is only available after a duration between 1 mn 10 and 1 mn 30 (every minute is programmed but the generation takes longer). When same content was received I was retriggering refresh every 400ms.

If many people display this page permanently, then this could generate a lot of GET requests on the network. I am not sure, but it’s possible that I have launched a DDoS attack through a popular site!

In doubt, to reduce the number of GETs, I have relaunched a new version in which the first refresh is triggered after 1 mn 15 and then every 4 seconds until new content appears (instead of 400ms). The site address is the same (safe://constellations2) but if the page is already opened you’ll have to refresh the page explicitly to take the new timings into account.

13 Likes

Lynch him!..get the pitch - forks out!.. :smile:
So it was the constellation causing all the consternation?..ahem…ok weak …I’ll just go now… :blush:

1 Like

Yes and in the SAFE breaker browser you might want to do a “Hard Refresh” by clicking the button at the top that clears your cookies

1 Like

Is SecretChat working OK?

I can get authourised to safe://chat.wom/ and my messages are echoed to screen but the links at the bottom Chat and Rooms seem inactive…

yeah it’s working

I didn’t finish the Rooms functionality yet, so the navbar won’t really take you anywhere yet

1 Like

Is there any one else who’s getting this error whenever they start the demo app?

Yeah I’m using SAFE Demo App v0.6.2

Something strange in my Vault. Begin to show messages like that:

I’m getting this …

It’s because we just took down Test 16 :slight_smile:

/me immediately saves some AWS budget

I take it this is a precursor to some welcome news?

or a meringue?

No, it’s just because we are focusing on the Mutable Data integration now, as explained in last week’s dev update.

Also, we were planning to take down Test 16 at the end of last week (see this post), but we ended up leaving it up for a few more days because we forgot to take it down :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Video with accelerated version of safe://galaxy and safe://constellations sites is on YouTube.

There are strange periods with many nodes always appearing and disappearing in a specific section. Some examples are:

• section 000 from 2017-04-06 22:42:18 to 23:00:28
  • section 110 from 2017-04-08 18:38:36 to 21:07:17
  • section 0011 from 2017-04-09 21-31-59 to 23-30-25 (the whole life of this section).
  • section 010 from 2017-04-11 20:56:42 to 2017-04-12 02:15:35.

I don’t know if this due to an external attack, a bug in MaidSafe code or if the message I used is not supposed to always return true section definitions. If someone from MaidSafe wants to analyze with real node ids, source raw data files are stored on GitHub.

Note: Test 16 was probably the last one where I could publish sites like safe://galaxy and safe://constellations because:

• The message I used has been removed (see this post)

• the POST requests are not free anymore (each one will cost 2 units from account balance, see this post)

7 Likes

The second merge was me. I check that was only eight member in my section and cannot resist the temptation to switch off my vault and force the merge.

I’m a bad guy…

5 Likes

So, that was you, node id “48c74e…”, in red here:

That was tempting, but I can see you have resisted a long time before killing your vault, because section 0100 had 8 nodes for a long time (more than 3 days, from 2017-04-08 15:27:01 to 2017-04-11 20:56:42).

6 Likes

Guilty, Sir. The truth, I only check the constellation site a few times and only in one begin to count how many nodes was in my section. Too tempting for a weak soul…

To my defence, you are half culprit to give us so powerful tool.:wink:

5 Likes

With great power comes great responsibility

1 Like

Let me just say that I love oyur visualisations! We need more, pleeeaaasse :slight_smile: It’s a way for me to understand the network even better, and I think for newbies, stuff like that is perfect to get into it! Thanks!

3 Likes