It is our pleasure to be releasing Test 16. Here are the main changes compared to Test 15:
- Implement invitation-based account creation.
- Add section update requests to make merges more stable.
- Don’t approve new node if routing table is invalid.
- Work around cases where
OtherSectionMergewould not accumulate.
- Several fixes to tunnel nodes and peer manager.
- Replace rustc-serialize with serde.
SAFE Vault v0.14.0
You can run only 1 Vault node per LAN – running more than 1 will result in this message:
More than 1 routing node found on LAN. Currently this is not supported"
- To pass the resource proof check, your upload bandwidth needs to be at least ~ 6 Mbps.
- Only people who either have a TCP port forwarded and specify it in their crust config file OR people who have UPnP enabled will be able to participate as a Vault. If you forwarded a TCP port on your router (see this website for more information on how to do this), you need to specify the port in the
safe_vault.crust.configfile (which is located in the same directory as the
safe_vaultbinary) in the
SAFE Launcher v0.11.0
To connect to Test 16, you need to use SAFE Launcher v0.11.0.
Each client account is limited to 500 PUTs. A PUT is a request to store a single chunk on the network (a file may contain many chunks). The maximum chunk size is 1 MB.
Please be aware that we might need to restart this test network, wiping all data that is stored on it. We will announce this in a Dev Update (when possible) prior to taking it down.
- To create an account, you need to enter a valid invitation token. Invitation tokens can’t be reused.
SAFE Demo App v0.6.2
The latest version of SAFE Demo App (v0.6.2) should continue to work fine.
When uploading files using SAFE Demo App, the maximum file size is 25 MB per file.
SAFE Browser v0.4.3
The latest version of SAFE Browser (v0.4.3) should continue to work fine.
Apps that were working with TEST 11 should continue to work fine with TEST 16.
If you need help with anything related to SAFE Vault, SAFE Launcher or SAFE Demo App, please use the #support category of this forum.
Where should I report issues?
If you know which component a bug is associated with, feel free to report it on GitHub in the corresponding repo.