SAFE Network - Test 15

He’ll do it every time until it goes safenet goes Live.

Even safenet is implemented… I bet this guy has monies. So he could buy up all of the domains.

Say NO to Domain hoarding system.

1 Like

Is there already any proof that he indeed is trying this?

might be my fault… the safe://demo.wom safe-fs demo app makes this super crazy easy…

6 Likes

haha - excellent - take it as a compliment then =D
easy to understand and easy to alter for other purposes =) exactly what you made the site for :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We know its the British government!

1 Like

What about the option government?

1 Like

I thought everything was supposed to be the Russians these days :confused:

4 Likes

You’re correct. My data comes up perfectly, my vault is behaving perfectly.

I was personally stressed, because I’m running it on my webserver, which is also my phone server for our house phone, that only had 1GB of free space left on it and I didn’t want to get into a disk full situation.

I just bit the bullet and upgraded to more disk space. Had to take down my vault to do it. Now I’ve started my vault again with ample disk space, so I’m ready for anything they want to throw at me.

9 Likes

Government powers act types I was thinking of.

Go to vault.config and adjust the setting for max vault size down to something you feel comfortable with and restart your vault.
See @polpolrene post no 109 above

1 Like

Of course, but I was hoping to avoid restarting my vault to avoid churn. If I was going to restart the vault anyway, it was worth it to me to upgrade my disk so people could continue to store in my vault.

2 Likes

According to my computations based on evolution of space used in my vault, life expectancy of test net 15 is less than one day now:

float increaseKB = 2589756 - 2261196;
int increaseMinute = 170;
float rateGBperHour = increaseKB / increaseMinute * 60 / 1024 / 1024;
rateGBperHour.Dump("Rate (GB/h):");
((5 - 2.6) / rateGBperHour).Dump("Life expectancy (h):");

Results:

Rate (GB/h):

Life expectancy (h):
2 Likes

oooh - right - 5GB default vault-size limit Oo … in my head it was 20 …

2 Likes

I think the ‘attack’ has been stopped or paused.

3 Likes

Yes, the last minutes the new storage was only a few KB.

Maybe are bored…

2 Likes

You forgot that maybe the Maidsafe devs are filling it up to see if an error will occur. :smile:

12 Likes

It did cross my mind :joy:

8 Likes

An attacker/bot doing bad things on the SAFE Network is only good news, it makes the network better. :kissing_heart: IMHO that’s the real world…

12 Likes

Its good if we are testing for attackers with unlimited funds.

2 Likes

Just checked with the team here, and it’s not us creating these accounts and data. Not sure who’s responsible or whether it’s malicious or not, but it’s not particularly helpful as has already been mentioned :slight_smile: The main takeaway I guess will be that we need to accommodate for such scripts being run in the upcoming testnets, but that shouldn’t really hurt the rate of development I expect - it’ll probably just mean some more limitations added.

As always, thanks for the heads-up on this guys!

28 Likes