SAFE Network - Test 15

Yep. About 10 MB/min.

Vault still maxing at about 3% of CPU… Obviously as an attack this would not work with a functioning currency, but seen as a stress test I think it bodes well for the network building up rapidly.

Managing 233 client accounts … interestingly only 205 ‘cumulative’ client connections.

7 Likes

I have CPU usage now from 10-40% on a dedicated AWS node

load average has just dropped a bit was 0.18 1 min a few seconds ago

2 Likes

So some numb scull may ruin Alpha 2 to prove absolutely nothing?

3 Likes

Pretty much a given in cryptos actually that anything malicious that can be done will be done

5 Likes

Could this kind of interference slow down the testing schedule?

Perhaps it is someone who desperately wants safecoin to be prioritised? I suppose this is making the case for it.

I suppose it is still putting stress on the network and finding out what happens when space runs short for a period.

3 Likes

And unfortunately for them it will do the opposite if anything.

Safecoin can only be developed when certain other things have been done. And those things can only be done when all the required tests have successfully completed.

Its not like Maidsafe are dragging their feet in the progression to the introduction of testSafecoin

Those who are driven by the price of MAID will be disappointed all the time by the time it actually takes to develop quality software that is safe&secure and the coin can only be done when the basics of that are done and tested.

8 Likes

It is absolutely vital that the network will be attacked as viciously as possible as soon as possible. The mission it has carved out for itself is quite frankly gigantic, and if it comes up that it will be unattainable it is better to learn about it sooner rather than later.

7 Likes

My router is UDnP enabled so why can’t I get a vault running?

What network speed do I need to nave? I have about 10down and 1 up…

Running safe_vault v0.13.2

E 17-03-26 07:49:22.438159 Failed to Bootstrap: (FailedExternalReachability) Bootstrappee node could not establish connection to us.
I 17-03-26 07:49:22.438908 Bootstrapping(e25ad1…) Failed to bootstrap. Terminating.
logout
Saving session…
…copying shared history…
…saving history…truncating history files…
…completed.
Deleting expired sessions…none found.

[Process completed]

Yes but this particular doesn’t help as it wont be possible with the implementation of safecoins.

1 Like

For now the upload requirement is too high for you (me too).

They’ll probably be able to get it a fair bit lower in future tests, but for the moment only people with pretty fast connections can host vaults (6 up I believe). You should be able to use the network perfectly though.

Try this to force the “establish connection to us”

As @Jabba says your upload speed is too slow, this test requires 6 Mbits/sec upload

Can anyone figure out if this script is stressing the downloads, or just filling the network with data & leaving it there?

If it’s also stressing the downloads, it may be a useful stress test that demonstrates the resilience of the network under heavy load… until network capacity fills up.

If this is just annoying, I guess the network will need to be reset when full to enable testing to continue.

I was thinking maybe someone is trying to register plenty of IDs so they have the safe domains ?

1 Like

This is just a testnet. All domains will be gone soon, so no need for anyone to register whatever.

or trying to figure a working way to do that when things are up and final ? Though that would cost quite some coin.

1 Like

In the Vault folder there’s a “safe_vault.vault.config” file.

There’s a setting for the max amount of storage your Vault wants to provide to the network. The default is around 5GB. But I just added a “1” in front of that number to make it go to 15 GB. I don’t know if this is a “live” setting or that the Vault needs to be restarted. But if you have the space and plan on running a Vault, maybe an idea to provide some more space?

2 Likes

That someone tries to attack the network was predictable and a problem to have a stable network for developers.

Without Safecoin, that will be the sheriff, this is the wild west

Meanwhile, having a Maidsafe controlled network again, different from the tests, is perhaps the best solution.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, because IDs are very small and the attacker is filling the vaults with immutable data, meaning he is probably using the full MB allowed per PUT balance unit.

1 Like

I apologise if what I am about to ask, comes across as a stupid question, I am not too technical, but are we positive that, what we are witnessing is a deliberate effort and not a bug?
I hope some of the developers gives us a line here.

2 Likes