SAFE Network - Test 15

Yes, the last minutes the new storage was only a few KB.

Maybe are bored…

2 Likes

You forgot that maybe the Maidsafe devs are filling it up to see if an error will occur. :smile:

12 Likes

It did cross my mind :joy:

8 Likes

An attacker/bot doing bad things on the SAFE Network is only good news, it makes the network better. :kissing_heart: IMHO that’s the real world…

12 Likes

Its good if we are testing for attackers with unlimited funds.

2 Likes

Just checked with the team here, and it’s not us creating these accounts and data. Not sure who’s responsible or whether it’s malicious or not, but it’s not particularly helpful as has already been mentioned :slight_smile: The main takeaway I guess will be that we need to accommodate for such scripts being run in the upcoming testnets, but that shouldn’t really hurt the rate of development I expect - it’ll probably just mean some more limitations added.

As always, thanks for the heads-up on this guys!

28 Likes

So apparently the network is full. I’ve tried to register and I got an error:

MutationFailure::MutationError::NetworkFull

4 Likes

I have 5 AWS instances running now - None are more than 50% full - one just under 40%.

3 Likes

Same error for me, just tried to create a new account.
My vault is at 2.7GB

1 Like

Same here, around 2.7 GB.

1 Like

Same :
NfsError → NfsError::CoreError → Network full

I have one vault at 2.4 and one at 2.7 GB

1 Like

I am comparing
“max_capacity”: 5368709120,
with
ubuntu@ip-172-31-24-125:/tmp/safe_vault_chunk_store$ du -h
2.5G .
ubuntu@ip-172-31-24-125:/tmp/safe_vault_chunk_store$ du
2542560 .

Must admit I havent actually tried to create a new account…
And I won’t for now cos RealJob calls…

1 Like

Same error. Network Full.

Can create a new user but Demo fail.

1 Like

I guess you can’t fill them to the max or there would be no room for churn?

8 Likes

yep ^^ thats exactly the reason, so currently vaults will only go upto 50% of their capacity before rejecting new client data. remaining is left over to accommodate for churned data being relocated to existing vaults.

25 Likes

d’oh… of course. Sometimes I wonder if I should be allowed out on my own for failing to spot the bleedin obvious…

2 Likes

I’d me more than happy to allocate substantially more space and presume if we all do so we can breath a few more days of life into the test.
Will a few more days be sufficient to show it is stable enough for Alpha 2?
More importantly is Alpha 2 even possible if any div with a script can fill a network without defenses in place?

6 Likes

I set mine to “max_capacity”: 15368709120 but I don’t know if that limit is being applied or hardcoded to 5GB.

2 Likes

Maybe the solution is to stop with giving 500 free puts and instead open a faucet. You could then apply for coins and it could be throttled (proof of human, limit per day, etc)

It could be a basic alpha test safecoin, without the farming rewards, in short.

11 Likes

I would say the answer is “No”. Test 16 will need to implement spam prevention or rate limiting, and then it would be Test 16 that becomes Alpha 2.

8 Likes