It is our pleasure to be releasing Test 15. Here are the changes compared to Test 12c:
- Fixed the crust timer overflow bug.
- Use SHA3 everywhere instead of SipHash.
- Several merge and tunnel fixes, and additional tests for merging and tunnels.
- Nodes now try to reconnect after a connection drops.
- Fix the bug which created an empty log file when timestampping was set to true in
- Allow users to force include TCP acceptor port in connection info via new option in crust config file (
- Indicate to routing if the remote peer, which is trying to bootstrap, presents itself as a
CrustUser::Client(in which case external reacheability check will be subverted) or a
CrustUser::Node(in which case external reacheability check will be mandated).
Only people who either have a TCP port forwarded and specify it in their crust config file OR people who have UPnP enabled will be able to participate as a Vault.
If you forwarded a TCP port on your router (see this website for more information on how to do this), you need to specify the port in the
safe_vault.crust.config file (which is located in the same directory as the
safe_vault binary) in the
You can run only 1 Vault node per LAN – running more than 1 will result in this message:
More than 1 routing node found on LAN. Currently this is not supported
To connect to Test 15, you need to use SAFE Launcher v0.10.3.
Each client account is limited to 500 PUTs. A PUT is a request to store a single chunk on the network (a file may contain many chunks). The maximum chunk size is 1 MB.
Please be aware that we might need to restart this test network, wiping all data that is stored on it. We will announce this in a Dev Update (when possible) prior to taking it down.
The latest version of SAFE Demo App (v0.6.2) should continue to work fine.
When uploading files using SAFE Demo App, the maximum file size is 25 MB per file.
The latest version of SAFE Browser (v0.4.3) should continue to work fine.
Apps that were working with TEST 11 should continue to work fine with TEST 15.
If you need help with anything related to SAFE Vault, SAFE Launcher or SAFE Demo App, please use the #support category of this forum.
If you know which component a bug is associated with, feel free to report it on GitHub in the corresponding repo.