SAFE Network strapline vote

True on all of the above…but since it is already the SAFE Network - using “secure access for everyone” adds that special qualifier that complements the message.

The word “safe” doesn’t mean anything to me when talking about online access. Being “safe and secure” does conjure up all you describe.

So: “The SAFE Network. Secure Access For Everyone.”

3 Likes

Bingo…

MaidSAFE: Internet Evolved … I like that one quite a bit

2 Likes

Seasoned internet users/nerds, who will quickly and ultimately find out about Maidsafe through industry news or already know about it via high profile nerdpublications, do not need to be chased down and spoonfeed MAIDsafe, they will find out about it, buy into it and will love it.

The larger audience, aka the target market, has never heard of and has no idea what the “clearnet” is or what the term “unencrypted” means. They regularly associate the terms “your internet” or “secure connection” and “safe browsing” with either their service provider (ISP) or the website (https:bank , https:shopping, etc) they connect to.

There are some great suggestions here but some forum members are way too close to the project and cannot see the forest for the trees. They need to step back and see the (introduction/marketing ) Safenet from the perspective of a common user with limited technical knowledge but an interest in privacy and security.

A tagline/strapline cannot be ambiguous and it cannot mislead, intentionally or otherwise.

Ask yourself: COULD THIS BE INTERPRETED ANY OTHER WAY THAN WHAT IS INTENDED?

So do any of the ideas proffered beg the questions: is Maidsafe an ISP? Is the Safenet a service my ISP offers? Do I cancel my current service and subscribe to Safenet?

etc…

Putting something in bold doesn’t make it more true.

See my post in the thread that is for discussion: Five of the best company straplines and the stories behind them

• Tesco: ‘Every little helps’
  • John Lewis: ‘Never knowingly undersold’
  • L’Oréal: ‘Because you’re worth it’
  • Nike: ‘Just do it’
  • Marmite: ‘Love it or hate it’

Effective taglines, evidently are ambiguous. It’s more a matter of what sentiment do you want to be associated with; what simple thought that will make for easy recall when the time is right?

[quote=“Krekc, post:1, topic:10182”]
This topic is not to be used to discuss the strapline suggestions. The discussions on strapline suggestions can be continued in the SAFE Network strapline vote topic.[/quote]

and so I don’t fall foul of the same:

SAFE Network: Cometh the hour. The World needs Privacy; Security; and Freedom.

3 Likes

Greater than the sum of its parts.

If they are abstract, they are at a distance from reality and wide open to interpretation - inherently ambiguous. The principal element in three is “it” and the other two equally vague… that ambiguity allows them to garner a wider audience.

It’s like political statements - definite statements rarely attract as much support as ambiguous ones… which is a large part of why politics is in the state it is. Lazy politicians tending towards ambiguous soundbites and straplines.

Hell, Brexit is a prime example - it was entirely backed by soundbites and straplines without the lack of ambiguity that didn’t allow them to slip their way out of commitments. I suppose you will now suggest the leave campaign had strategy!

I think we should focus on the words for now. We could discuss the punctuation once we agree on a strapline :slight_smile: If necessary, we could do another vote for the punctuation.

In the last poll, we wrote “Privacy, Security, Freedom”. If you prefer a strapline with the same words but different punctuation, I think you should still vote for “Privacy, Security, Freedom”. We could agree on a specific variation later. For example:

• Privacy, Security, Freedom
  • Privacy. Security. Freedom.
  • Privacy; Security; Freedom
  • Privacy Security Freedom
  • Privacy, Security and Freedom
1 Like

Here are a few strapline suggestions that are close to 20 Likes:

1. Secure Access For Everyone (15 Likes)
  2. Internet Evolved (13 Likes)
  3. Safe Access For Everyone (10 Likes)
  4. Share your drive (10 Likes)
  5. Privacy. Security. Freedom. (8 Likes)

Feel free to support a strapline (by liking the corresponding post) if you would like us to include it in the next poll :slight_smile:

1 Like

Internet Evolved. How is that the highest. I’m sure there are better ones. To say I’m surprised is an understatement. I hope people didn’t like it just because.

Internet Evolving or Evolve the internet as in Use SAFE and evolve the internet into a better world. Seemed better to me.

But seriously I saw some very good Straplines in that topic and I would urge people to scan through the topic and like all those you think could work. The ones @frabrunelle mentioned are the leaders at the moment but hey you might like others too.

Link to the topic SAFE Network strapline suggestions

EDIT: and “like” as many straplines as you want, ALL that you think are possibly suitable and like.

6 Likes

Internet Evolved? Really people? IE better known as internet explorer :thinking::sleepy:

1 Like

Intranet, Extranet, Internet and now Safernet (lol)

Hey stop using Internet… use Safernet plz

Internet Evolved? Really? No insult intended but that is weak & lame. I bet there are a million ISP’s who have used that tagline. This is NOT what Safenet is. It is NOT Internet Evolved If that even reaches the poll Ill be shocked. This is not the way to brand a business.

1 Like

15 likes - this needs to be.

Secure Access For Everyone

The operative term is SECURE not SAFE. SAFE is a weak, overused and diluted word and has many connotations. SECURE says secure - SAFE is the acronym using safe again is redundant. Safe means nothing

5 Likes

Yes, Secure Access For Everyone and Privacy, Security, Freedom will definitely be in the next poll since they were already in the last one.

I’ll edit my post and add them to avoid any confusion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have selected the straplines for the new vote. Click here to see the new voting topic.

4 Likes

Thank you Francis…

Does safe need a strapline? The internet we use daily has no such thing. It is a protocol is it not? Are there many protocols with straplines? I can understand services and apps that utilise safe being straplined. Personality I find it a bit cheesy. It should just be what it is, safenet. Simple.

1 Like

The strapline is part of the brand identity. “Does the SAFE Network need a brand identity?” was discussed in this topic:

Most of the discussion is about the logo, but you will also find a few posts that talk about the strapline :slight_smile: