SAFE Network next steps?

I’ve been reading the material and the updates and see the steps to launch as this but wanted to ask if I’m right:

• basic vault installers (:ballot_box_with_check: check!)
  • vault + client installers that can connect to each other (crust traversal or something) to actually form an online network (next up?)
  • installers of the network that have functioning SafeCoin (final touch; official launch)

Does that look about right?

Just wanted to get it straight, in my head

4 Likes

I’m curious too as to the structure of sprints leading to launch. An optimistic list that assumes only a few hiccups would be nice to see. Like a count down to a happy new internet. The way I understand it is:

1. Remaining work on routing (1 week)
  2. NAT traversal (1 week)
  3. Finalize consensus algorithm (1 week)
  4. Posix API (1 week)
  5. Testnet for safecoin (2 - 4 weeks)
  6. Unforeseen issues. (2 - 4 weeks)
  7. Launch!

Total = (min) 2 months, (max) 3 months

It would be fitting if the live network launches at 12am January 2016 new years. Symbolic of our transition into a new era of secure communications. We techno geeks would have greater meaning to our new years celebration. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

There was a time when 2016 seemed blasphemous :slight_smile: (Project SAFE Predictions!).

But I agree - before beta there needs to be alpha, so add 2-4 additional weeks.
Beta test will be with real coins, so there has to be a public test with fake coins.

4 Likes

I moved 5 posts to an existing topic: SAFE vs Native Win 10 Key Loggers and Implicit EULA Threat

1 Like