SAFE Network Logo Competition – Final Vote

I voted here for 620 … but let us still have a look at a simpler symbol , playing the 2 triangles idea .

This.

It is too early, and maidsafe is pushing it too fast. Prolong the design for another 6 months. That’ll give us more time to actually choose what we all like.

1 Like

To be fair the contest delivered what we asked.
We spent a week fiercely debating the strapline, the overwhelming majority agreed on it, but it is why designers unfamiliar with the project’s details flooded us with locks and shields. (I like the strapline)
So to counteract the tunnel vision a strapline could create we had the design brief, the only way we could describe the network to the designers. There were several calls for input but most of us did not contribute or put any significant thought into the importance of the brief (in comparison to the strapline).
Only once the entries closed did many community members try to submit designs??!
So in my opinion the result like it or not is largely on us.

I think the committee has done a fine job in selecting the best of what was on offer, I like both 642 and 619 and would be happy with either. I’m hoping if it comes down to the wire those who don’t think a snowflake is an appropriate logo team up :wink: but I would be happier with that than a lock.

It has been made clear that the result of this vote will be the logo, so lets focus on making sure our votes are not wasted on a design that will clearly lose and our energy is not spent on submitting new designs that will not influence the outcome of this very important vote.

That’s my 2 cents.

Edit: 620 has a central point btw… not very decentralized.

4 Likes

I like 619 and 642.
642 just needs the two lower triangles removed for it to be perfect. But I could only choose one so I went with 619.

I see lots of people going with 620. Word of warning. This has been used many times before and recently by one of the big tech firms. I will try find where I saw it.

Also I am a little surprised at the lack of intellect and creativity offered up. Everything seems so yesterday. Shields, locks, brains, circuits etc.

If I were to think about things like intelligence, security, future etc. I could think of a few things that represent this but yet one would not traditionally think of

Example; jelly fish. A jelly fish is so alien to us it does not have a brain and yet it is intelligent it can live alone or in a swarm. It is the oldest living multi-organ animal on Earth 500-700 million years old and besides that it looks very cool.

Just saying.

That’s the biggest problem with 99 designs. Nobody understands how the system works, and how it looks like. Let’s just throw padlock, and be done with it.

This type of competition should be done within this forum, where everybody actually spend their time understanding the protocol. Once they do, they can actually submit their artwork, and show that it is more meaningful than what 99designs can do.

I’m sorry, but I am 110 percent against their decision here. They’re pushing it way too fast.

3 Likes

The voting options seem to be in the right order now, for me they are listed 619, 620, 624 and 642. Same order as the listing earlier in the post. Perhaps one of the mods already changed it. Apologies for this, it definitely wasn’t intentional.

I don’t know … I hear what you’re saying, but they need a logo and time is running out. Also it’s not impossible to change or alter a logo down the line. Not ideal, but definitely possible. Bottom line: We need something now; I think either of the 4 designs above would work well or OK. I think (what may feel like) a little recklessness for the sake of moving things forward is sometimes called for.

10 Likes

I voted for the current #3 but I’m happy with the choice of the current majority: It was my second option. :slight_smile:

… I’m deciding not to vote as none of the 4 designs are really doing it for me. Good effort all round though to get this off the ground… from drawing board to reality in a matter of weeks… not bad at all.

13 Likes

I like 620 best
619 very close second

1 Like

It’s like a national election, and the appropriate vote is “none of the above.” :laughing:

4 Likes

I didnt vote for 620 but it works. There are some good designs here and they are totally acceptable. Could it be better? It can always be better but some on here seem to think that continually whining like a 4 year old about the lack of selection is beneficial. We heard you the first time. You dont want to vote, thats your right. Dont vote, dont participate, but respect the process.

Wish the participation was much greater. Very poor turnout.

7 Likes

Shove the process, and your pomposity.

1 Like

So far 65 ppl out of 393 level 2 forum members have voted, so around 17%. But a more accurate measurement would need to count only which of those 393 users have been active in the last few months.

1 Like

Totally understandable. And your positive comments demonstrate your respect for the process. Think about supporting the best idea. Read the great supporting comments the team made for choosing the design. People like you are a necessary part of the process. Whats the best of the worst?

1 Like

Seems that we need more participation from quality members.

1 Like

Wanted 605 but had to vote for 619

where do I vote? 624 speaks to me, people are the key.

there should be a voting-widget at the end of the top post, if you are trust level 2+ (on this forum).