SAFE Network Logo Competition - Final Designs

I like the first one
BTW this is my first comment in the forum and I am new investor with around $20K.
good luck for all

4 Likes

Can we have a blue pikachu ? Totally memorable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Shall we try to focus the discussion on the designs in this thread? Let’s agree to disagree on the ‘99designs is hurting the designer profession’ or continue the discussion in another thread.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Disappointed with choosing 99designs

Now moved all off-topic posts to: Disappointed with choosing 99designs . @mikegeister please PM me if you’d like to see another title than this one.

1 Like
  1. Have you consider giving forum members an opportunity to vote on final 3 designs?

2. IMHO, none of final 6 designs portrays all 4 properties, so I agree with happybeing on this…

1 Like

i’m down with 620, fallen in love with it… my vote is clear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes if anything, the 99designs effort was a success only to bring us together with this great designer “Sheva.”

Perhaps go straight to them and just work with them only :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now that the second and final submission period has ended the designs for the final vote will be chosen. Once this is done a final vote will be held on the forum among all trust level 2 forum members.

As for the second remark, that’s something that is not on the table right now. After the final vote by the community we will have a logo for the SAFE Network. This doesn’t mean it is a permanent logo that will never change. Future community efforts to improve on the logo or to create a new logo are of course more than welcome.

4 Likes

Are you planning to also change (Maid)Safecoin icon to share some resemblance with Network logo? If you do: several exchanges include very small icons of each crypto-currency, so icon should be simple and easily recognizable at 30x30 px.

Ideally also as favicon which suggests 16x16 pixels or 32x32 pixels, using either 8-bit or 24-bit colors and either PNG, GIF, or ICO.

2 Likes

True that, thank you for being exact.

1 Like

Okay, here you go. By the way, I picked up inkscape 2 weeks ago. This is pretty rough. I’m no expert in graphic designs. I’m sure someone else can do a much better job.

Here’s the original for comparison.

IMO, the 3D takes some recognition away from the S. But when it is scaled down (icon size) the shading fades and the “S” is more easily seen.

EDIT: I cleaned up both images and reuploaded them. They look much better now.

9 Likes

I was onto something similar, making the big hexagon 2d and the small ones in 3d.

Same here. It would be great if a designer could pick the idea up and make something out of it.

5 Likes

What do you all think of 642? :slight_smile: It was posted yesterday.

6 Likes

It’s clean but too generic. Would love to see some worthy geometric line art.

2 Likes

I like the polygon approach because it is a good representation of a network. Like this though it only displays 2 ideas of Safe: security (the shield) and network (the polygons).

I am going to sound redundant, but maybe the visual could benefit from a little perspective trick. This shield, tweaked a little, looks like a cube :

But this is not enough; this modification, to be relevant, needs to add another layer of meaning in addition “security” and “network”… so far I cannot find what… the cube evokes “self contained”, so to some far fetched extent “privacy”… but it is not that clear.

2 Likes

Sorry but to me it looks imbalanced and lopsided. :frowning:

1 Like

I do like the design. but to me it looks more like a diamond than a shield.
and a diamond is something rare that only few, privileged people can afford - nothing for
the masses that people have easy access to. so it doesn’t provoke the right connotations for me.

4 Likes

It’s better than many others, though I see cube with an uparrow/triangle stuck on it, rather than a diamond.
and for that direction I prefer something like dyamanaka’s empty cube.

If it had some element that reflected being an element in a network, I might prefer that. As it is others like Pierces say more about what SAFE is.