SAFE Network in Ralph Breaks the Internet!

Pretty sure Disney staffs follow this forum. Normally external parties would use the triangle logo and quote maidsafe instead of safenetwork. Only community members would find the logo significant.

7 Likes

Hey all, we’ve been watching this one with interest - thanks to everyone who’s pinged us over the weekend to give us the heads up! We’re trying to do a bit of digging to find out more - but, most excitingly, this isn’t something that we’ve worked on directly within the team. It may have organically come out of our connections with the Silicon Valley HBO series. But whatever the reason, knowing just how much time is allocated to designing and checking every single frame of a major animation film from a company like Disney to ensure it’s perfect at the end of a multi-month production cycle, I think it’s safe to say that the SAFE Network’s been chosen for a good reason :smile: We’ll let you all know if we find out the connection over the next few days

35 Likes

I hadn’t even thought of that but it’s very true. Very good point.

Disney<->Cinderella<->‘Maid’ safe. Easy.

10 Likes

" that the service would be named Disney+, and that the company was targeting a launch in late 2019. "

So, Disney+ content streaming service to launch at same time as SAFEnetwork? :wink:

Illuminati confirmed.

6 Likes

The Little Mer-Maid. Surely no co-incidence …

17 Likes

O.M.G.

so obvious…:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Disney: Discover integrated Safe Network emblem yourself?

9 Likes

That’s funny. This is precisely the theory that I didn’t want to share! Could be easy to claim that the logo was switched for the Sophos shield as an “innocent mistake”. Either that or someone wants to help fund Maidsafe with royalties from a legal settlement, though I doubt that’s much of an option or the most desirable path to follow. I’m sure all options are on the table…

Cast & Crew:
From the movie’s IMDB cast & crew list: (S)cott S(akamoto) (production supervisor: technical animation)

3 Likes

wow!
shouldn’t it go viral on all those stupid clickbait cryptonews sites?
“A cryptocurrency in a Disney Movie? And it’s not Bitcoin! Wait for this!”

9 Likes

I agree with @jaco. Also this seems like an excellent opportunity for a @maidsafe blogpost about the fact it’s been featured in Hollywood a couple times now. Something to pass around with some good hashtags. I’m sure the marketing team are already on it :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Are you suggesting Bitcoin is going to be the MySpace of crypto? :wink:

8 Likes

funny I answered this question here two hours ago :wink:

An image of this would be good to follow-up on…

3 Likes

It absolutely is.

MySpace didn’t scale well, what was that failed UK one? Where are you now? You had to pay a £5 fee.

Here are a list of failed social networks.

We will see a list of failed cons.

You will see hobbyist YouTube channels in the future “Block Chain Guy” in the style of “8 bit guy” , lovingly restoring and running blockchain technology, oooohhh look at those long alphanumeric public private keys … and in my next episode I’ll cover how they used to personalise addresses.

… Only it won’t be in YouTube, it will be a video channel broadcast over the SAFENet using SOLID to port accross to different video networks.

Bargain hunt type shows, trawling through Ledger and paper wallets…

Storage wars on the Discovery channel will have people bidding on antique hard drives…

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!

4 Likes

Who has a bunch of MAID, consulted for Silicon Valley, and acted in Disney movies? There are more connections, but I’ll leave the rabbit hole for others…

6 Likes

giphy
We need Eddie on the case.

1 Like

For the other appearance of the logo, it would be cool if someone could take a high resolution photo of it.

5 Likes

David, what are you not telling us ?? hhahaha

I think I am going to fall in love with Disney again. hahahha… I just saw the add to Ralph Breaks the Internet, on TV… In Brasil it is called WiFi Ralph!!.

3 Likes