SAFE Network Glossary Project

I wont be using “Ant Tech” to describe the network, it’s not required/confusing. The way my brain works it computes ‘Ant tech’ as “Autonomous Network Technology tech”

I like David Irvines description from the white paper

Autonomous networks are self-
healing, self-managing and most importantly independent of
human interference.

Thus my suggestion would be:

Autonomous Network Technology (ANT) describes a network that is self-healing, self-managing and most importantly, independent of human interference.

1 Like

Some will use it, so I’ll include it in the glossary. It’s more of a marketing term, not technical. I can see the appeal in that context. (Looks great in the tee shirt design.)

1 Like

Exactly, does not belong in a technical glossary.
‘Ant Tech’ works well on Tshirts, mugs and pamphlets for sure

dyamanaka said: Feel free to refine the words/definitions for clarity. Some of these need to be ironed out anyway

Sure:

Autonomous Network Technology (ANT) describes a network that is self-healing, self-managing and most importantly, independent of human interference.

1 Like

I’m not compiling a highly technical glossary. That’s another level of glossary that surely does need to be done, but I’m not really qualified to do it.

I’m trying to help thread the needle between a lot of different types of people, attempting/wishing to contribute to the motion. We need to have definitions that a lot of different types can find workable agreement on, which are generally technically accurate without having to go too deep. The intricacy of the the tech, at a nuts and bolts level, that’s being evolved here is way over the heads of most of us, yet we want to make valuable contribution to the design, service, PR and marketing, aesthetics, etc.

We can make sure that nobody gets it confused with a technically functioning term, but rather an evocative conceptual device.

That’s a great basis for a definition. We’ll include it! :wink:

1 Like

That could be your first MaidSafe application…

In the app wish list I asked for an empty app that does nothing, with the idea that people can inject some basic HTML content, paste a logo and publish their own browser-based SAFE app…

“Ferg’s MaidSafe Glossary for Dummies”! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“The SAFErnet” :slight_smile: