Safe Network genesis message, what would you choose?

A network… if you can keep it.

3 Likes

A Man’s A Man For A’ That

by Robert Burns

Is there for honesty poverty
That hings his head, an’ a’ that;
The coward slave–we pass him by,
We dare be poor for a’ that!
For a’ that, an’ a’ that,
Our toils obscure an’ a’ that,
The rank is but the guinea’s stamp,
The man’s the gowd for a’ that.

What though on hamely fare we dine,
Wear hoddin grey, an’ a’ that?
Gie fools their silks, and knaves their wine,
A man’s a man for a’ that.
Their tinsel show, an’ a’ that,
The honest man, tho’ e’er sae poor,
Is king o’ men for a’ that.

Ye see yon birkie ca’d a lord,
Wha struts, an’ stares, an’ a’ that;
Tho’ hundreds worship at his word,
He’s but a coof for a’ that.
His ribband, star, an’ a’ that,
The man o’ independent mind
He looks an’ laughs at a’ that.

A prince can mak a belted knight,
A marquis, duke, an’ a’ that,
But an honest man’s aboon his might,
Gude faith, he maunna fa’ that!
Their dignities an’ a’ that,
The pith o’ sense, an’ pride o’ worth,
Are higher rank than a’ that.

Then let us pray that come it may,
(As come it will for a’ that,)
That Sense and Worth, o’er a’ the earth,
Shall bear the gree, an’ a’ that,
It’s coming yet for a’ that,
That man to man, the world o’er,
Shall brithers be for a’ that.

With links to all the translations of course :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

9 Likes

:musical_score: Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you

5 Likes

First! (20 characters)

14 Likes

If you add the (20 characters) for real you got my vote :rofl:

A re-declaration of cyberspace independence?

5 Likes

Since the impossible network will ultimately contain all human knowledge … the beginnings of an encyclopedia galactica … and beyond, I suggest we borrow from Douglas Adams’ Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:

Don’t Panic

Edit: In large friendly letters. :wink:

5 Likes

Just setting up my Mdsf

Save time save money :crazy_face:

This generations Kirk and Spock is Michael and Trevor from GTA5. Clear Net can’t stand that level of transformation for long. It will be almost unrecognizable soon, one way or another. China apparently just banned bit coin and its 69% of mining. Its official reason was bit coin is incompatible with the climate requirement. That is the right spirit for such an action. At the same time China is thought to be furthest along with crypto fortifying its fiat. Also cited laundering.

1 Like

Not sure if Mat Fraser / Nike copyrighted it but “Hard Work Pays Off” would be quite apt.

3 Likes

Was thinking the same. Would be awesome then to translate it into all the languages of the world :earth_americas: or also into Esperanto

2 Likes

Given that GTA was developed in Dundee we have another Scottish connection in there - somewhat tenuous though…
I actually err “inherited” the Dell box that was used as the original GTA dev team server, though by the time I got it the original disks were long gone. Other than the fact I knew the Rockstar guy who gave it to me and I had no reason to disbelieve him, there was no proof of its GTA history and it was used as a rather noisy Centos mail and fileserver for my business and then as the backup box out in the garage for a few years. I finally flung it out last year - a bit of computing games history but like I say, nothing distinguished it from any other big ol’ Dell 4400 of the time so I resisted the temptation to put it on Ebay for $25k.

2 Likes

Rabbie’s a good shout.
Tam would get a vote from me too.

1 Like
1 Like

O’ (the) Banter

Edit for the vast majority of peeps…

“Tam O’ Shanter” is a very famous poem by Robert Burns who’s Scotland’s national poet (kind of). He was also from Ayrshire, not really that far from the birthplace of MaidSafe. Wullie’s suggestion of " A Man’s A Man for A’ That" is probably a better suggestion.

2 Likes

I am much in favour of cutty sarks*. Are you allowed to even think that these days?

*other whisky is available

“cutty sark” translates directly to “short dress” Apologies* to all who may be triggered by such thoughts.

To my mind its the most overtly internationalist of Burns’s works - that I am aware of - I am no Burns scholar as such

*Naw, no really. Sue me

And whiskey