SAFE Network Dev Update - September 6, 2018

No cuz we know its dead now

More great work everyone—looking forward to the PARSEC video tomorrow, and congrats to @nbaksalyar on his new position!

16 Likes

Nice, anything that makes it easier to understand the dynamics behind SafeNet for non techy people will be of great addition to the community. Hopefully also encourage more people to engage themselves instead of simply waiting for maidteam to deliver. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Sounds like PARSEC is taking form nicely! Keep up the great work and enjoy Scotland, @nbaksalyar! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Thanks Maidsafe devs for all your hard work, you rock.

@povilasb have and good vacation super ant, well deserved.

:stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Watch out! They really like beer in that country! :stuck_out_tongue:

But great update, as always. Really like to see the parsec video. This is a great video as well about parsec. Really takes time (at least for me) to really get it. So all videos are welcome.

14 Likes

Oh it’s going to be sweeeeet. Great update. Looking forward to the video! Welcome back @adam and to Scotland @nbaksalyar! Have a good vaca @povilasb! Amazing work coming out of @maidsafe as usual :smiley:

16 Likes

Great work Maidsafe.

I’m tempted to come to the Manchester or London event. Will look into how feasible it is. Sounds like the London one will have more Maidsafe talks.

10 Likes

I sometime daydream about the days when we would just go to nearby store and pay with Safecoin. At the current state of crypto it feels years away but these dev updates are like the shinning beacon of hope. Keep up the good work.

9 Likes

Did i read Alpha 3 somewhere…:heart_eyes::hugs:

6 Likes

I am already sold on Irn-Bru :smiley:

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

26 Likes

Damn, you guys really do a lot and I can really appreciate that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @dirvine @nicklambert @pierrechevalier83 I’m thinking of coming down to the meeting on Tuesday in London. It says it is for techies only. I am a software controls engineer (PLC’s, Robots, etc), so although I am a techy my knowledge of your field is very limited, but I want to learn, hence why I want to come. Do you think I’ll get something from coming or will it be too deep for me?

Edit: if anyone can help with this please do.

6 Likes

You will indeed be welcome and I imagine you will pick up a lot of useful insights and understand much much more fo the network. I would say please do go and ask questions, they are nice guys you know :wink:

5 Likes

Great to hear. Thank you. I’ll get everything booked in the morning. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just looking to register and it is asking for my LinkedIn and GitHub, which I do not have either of them. How shall I answer them?

1 Like

Maybe the event organisers can help you with that one @Sonder.

2 Likes

Hi Sonder,
I completely agree with David. You’re more than welcome to join. The talk will be technical, but by being a regular on the forum you’ll probably have more of a context than most attendees. Also it’s an occasion to meet and have a chat around a beer after the event :beer:

If the field that asks for LinkedIn or GitHub can’t be skipped, I would create an empty LinkedIn profile and if there is a field with “additional comments”, I would explain there that I’m not on the platform but am into tech and follow the SAFE Network.

8 Likes

@nicklambert @pierrechevalier83
Thanks for the advice. I have sent the organiser a little message, and created a Linkedin. All booked now anyway, I have the ticket in my email, although they probably haven’t reviewed me yet, and I have my train ticket, so unless I have problems with the organisers, I’ll see some of you there :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Have a great time guys.

Old stomping ground KCL. They taught me how to become an engineer. Wish my calendar was free.

9 Likes