SAFE Network Dev Update - September 5, 2019

Sometimes it’s the small things. Seeing safe_vault autoupdate made my day :slight_smile:

EDIT: first! wohoo!

36 Likes

second … missed out on first by seconds.

28 Likes

You know what they say…third is the one with the treasure chest :smile:

Now, to read…

Really exciting news yet again! Every line speaks to super impactful developments. Stoked to see the latest version of the mobile browser. So much web traffic takes place on mobile devices, so it’s great to see MaidSafe is ahead of the curve here compared to many other DLT projects.

Congrats to @oetyng for joining the MaidSafe team as well! He’s always full of thought provoking ideas, so I’m sure there’s tons of great things to come!

Also, definitely enjoyed the Medium post too. Plus the Trezor news is a great step! :smile:

40 Likes

About time @oetyng
Great news :partying_face:

42 Likes

Arrived here first time fifth! :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Looks like I’m 6th! A first for me I think :joy:

I better read more although busy with boat chores, so may take a while. Reading complete, but still much to take in. An exceptional update…AGAIN! I’m breathless :smile: Amazing work team, thank you all, and great news that @oetyng is now joining to help. Good luck fella and congratulations on becoming part of the core team at Maidsafe! :clap:

And now a little announcement from me…

New dWeb Blog Post

Please check out @JayBird’s new blog post on dWeb Blog, details below. Many thanks to @JayBird for this excellent post, he’s a natural IMO:

36 Likes

Killing it!! :sweat_smile:

So much progress on so many fronts. Just the shot in the arm needed to crank up the excitement levels! :sunglasses:

Seconded! A great addition to the team!

33 Likes

That’s a cool feature during testing, but it probably shouldn’t be default when released. Giving people the choice/switch to get latest is better, as it could make the network vulnerable to attack otherwise. I’m sure you are all over this though! :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Wh00000000t @oetyng - nice one! Awesome move and I can’t wait for the next steps on our path to the common goal :hugs: :face_with_monocle:

29 Likes

The SAFENetwork is…

17 Likes

Congratulation @oetyng to be part of the MaidSafe team.

Nice update.

20 Likes

welcome @oetyng. nice that the familiy is growing again :slight_smile:

I’m trying not to get used to it, but this is another great update!
While most other projects are burning through their ICO funds with
hardly anything to show… here comes @maidsafe. Another week another
release. Getting the job done!

22 Likes

Shoutout to @chriso for adding the autoupdate. And all the other incredible work done for the phase 1 release :smiley:

29 Likes

@oetyng Good to join the greatest team !

17 Likes

@Traktion Just to let you know, myself and @StephenC actually had quite a bit of discussion about the user experience for self update with respect to Vault.

We would both agree it’s something the user should be in control of (as it is with safe and safe_auth), but we decided to go with the simplest possible implementation of it for now. Eventually we envisioned Vault running as some kind of background service, and that makes updating a little more complicated. Given that, we decided to postpone any more elaborate decisions for later, perhaps when we’re a little closer to that.

27 Likes

Good stuff! I figured you guys would have planned it already! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Congrats @oetyng and thanks for your many contributions to help get the network live. And kudos to the entire Maidsafe team for the sustained effort and progress.

24 Likes

Thank you, team, and congratulations, @oetyng!

21 Likes

Great news about @oetyng. I remember when he joined the forum the first thing he did was release a PoC design for an event sourcing database to run on SAFE, something he’s revisited since. Fantastic to have someone so proactive and talented on board. I hope that project sees the light of day at some point.

28 Likes

Great work Maidsafe! So many great updates and articles…that even this article got overshadowed

Nice overview which we really needed :slightly_smiling_face:

28 Likes