SAFE Network Dev Update - September 19, 2019

Blimey I’m late, was writing a post!

Great work team, I find it impressive to have several fronts advancing alongside each other with deliverables arriving every few days and being able to see the network get closer each week. Thank you!

20 Likes

Indeed we are accelerating to cruising altitude! :slight_smile: Be well folks. Take care.

19 Likes

I think this is a great idea. I know it’s been acknowledged that is how the majority of the global population access the internet and it also is good to get the hard part done first. There is so much less real estate on mobile to fit all these fancy things so tackling that up front will be a good idea and will easily translate to desktop.

24 Likes

Great to see more solid progress. Can’t wait for vaults phase 2! :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Vault phase 2 implementation !!!

15 Likes

The team has also been reinforced by @lionel.faber, @marcin, @nbaksalyar, and @yogesh

That is making my post after 11h later bit outdated. Great news!

18 Likes

Just a thought.

Don’t we risk diluting our marketing efforts by releasing everything all at once? Mobile app, browser etc…?

3 Likes

Coming back from vacation and an international move and it’s all of a sudden tricky to catch up! Fantastic work.

12 Likes

Great update as always, and the summary is back!

15 Likes

I didn’t understand most of the update. Not unusual for me. But I am keeping my eyes fixed on Vaults 2 progress. In my unsophiscated mind, if/when that works we can all get drunk.

15 Likes

I am more looking forward to when networking comes into play(vaults from home) and we can see real latencies and such that only come from a decentralized network. But getting consensus/parsec working within a local node is a good and necessary step to work towards it!

13 Likes

YES, full steam ahead! Vault Phase 2 is going to be epic (and not just because we’ll have squashed so many “Epics”) :wink:

12 Likes

Not only that: the idea here is that once we get it working within a local node, we don’t really need to do much extra work to make it work across the network. :slight_smile: That’s usually the main intent behind these ‘mocks’: once we have them working, it means we can just switch from a mock to the real thing without a lot of effort.

27 Likes

Well… Does that means that we cannot expect new java bindings anytime soon?

3 Likes

Right, simulating ranges of expected network latencies in a chaos testing of sorts will be really good practice (at various local network sizes too). Should reveal any incorrect assumptions made that worked fine in fast communication vs sluggish communication. Looking forward to it all!

2 Likes

Hey @ogrebgr, I have been working on the new bindings for new APIs, once I have working APIs for C# then we can try to generate the bindings for Java as well though it’ll involve some extra efforts and we currently don’t have any plan or time estimate for the same.

11 Likes

Closer and closer, the tortoise is becoming a hare! Great work team

9 Likes

As usual I’m very happy with the update.
Many thanks for all the work that has been done to date.
Every week it’s a pleasure to see how much has been done.

7 Likes

Amazing update Maidsafe devs,

This week I’ve seen €400, €40 and €10 become Maidsafecoins that will only wake up on the SAFE Network. :partying_face:

I’m probably joking again
safe://fedfork.repotoken

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Great job as always team MaidSafe! I have a small request if it won’t make it difficult for you can you include a breakdown of what the abbreviations in the update mean? :slight_smile:

I add the translation into Bulgarian in the first post :slight_smile:
https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-новини-19-9-2019/

7 Likes