SAFE Network Dev Update - October 3, 2019

No worries, this is innovative tech, it will bend around corners and occasionally take side roads. All that is behind us now and putting things together for launch is where we are at.

Long story, I don’t want to repeat, so we are launching now and that means the story finishes and the proof begins. We have all heard and believe the story, now is the time for action and proof. It will take a few more weeks, but we have to now. If we succeed (and we will) then we can shout loudly loud and proud, so it is on us now.

45 Likes

That’s a nice idea. As a science comunicator what would you suggest as a parallel? It’s not something totally new like a moon landing but rather a logical progression of a number of technological trends. I’m trying to think of a good one but time and beer consumption is working against me.

10 Likes

The MaidSafe team is the Wright Brothers and we are about ready to lift that sucker off the ground!

12 Likes

A new node can join as an adult?
I feel like I missed something major somewhere.
Or is that after relocation.

4 Likes

Is there a non blog article about the perpetual web browser? R/privacy is a good place to share to however they consider medium to be “blog spam”.

Related to this, how come we do no PR? Why are none of these things written about on tech websites? Is it my googling it the team just aren’t focusing on this at the moment? I’d be happy to help and submit these kinds of things to the dozens of free pr websites out there.

Edit: I also noticed the website has not been updated to reflect “The Perpetual Web” if that is how we are now branding it? Probably should be featured?
Also we should probably submit this to the many different websites and journalists that maintain “Privacy Browser” lists. Happy to do this?

Cheers

6 Likes

I’d be happy to get this network launched, drum up organic interest by the community going on social media rampages, and Maidsafe becoming a profitable company from their apps. After that the marketing team will have plenty of work cut out for them and all the funding needed to help them spread the word.

8 Likes

Hi Fishmanesq, are you following the project plan?

4 Likes

weeks? are you not too optimistic? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

According to the board, yeh. But let’s see what our QA team comes up with as they get a more serious look at it. New issues may yet be discovered.

5 Likes

He was trying to scare the team. Better than being a pessimist

4 Likes

sure, but who can know better than him how much is still left for an MVP, for sure we are much closer than many here thinks.

2 Likes

This is great! Reading the last article about the perpetual web on Medium was so exciting!
The more time passes the more enthusiasm you can feel. Never stop to say we’re lucky to enjoy the “origins” of this revolutionary project

4 Likes

Good stuff! (I mean I did test it on my (virtual) machine but it’s nice to get confirmation.)

3 Likes

If you scroll down the Roadmap page on the safenetwork.tech site, go to the Apps and User Experience section you’ll see Perpetual Web there :smiley:

12 Likes

Are you saying the Project Plan is not the real Project Plan?

2 Likes

Sure but your get involved section:

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re asking. Are you saying we should mention Perpetual Web in the ‘Get Involved’ section?

3 Likes

No time right now to test it myself yet, but am I correct you don’t need an invite for the Perptual Web browser? Because https://invite.maidsafe.net/ doesn’t work atm.
Edit: now it works again.

3 Likes

You are correct. The pWeb browser works against a vault. Either local or shared, whatever you have configured. No invite is needed for either.

6 Likes

I’m saying your calling it a safe browser and a perpetual web browser. It’s a bit confusing. If it’s now the perpetual web browser, that’s probably what it should be called in that part of the website. My 2 cents.

3 Likes