SAFE Network Dev Update - October 10, 2019

Same for me. It doesn’t connect

1 Like

That’s because it downloaded the latest version (0.15) of the browser, which is not compatible with the alpha 2 network but rather with the vaults.

In another note, great progress team maidsafe.

Lastly, looks like the github task level board needs some attention.

9 Likes

User error… :laughing:
It is definitely exactly where I said it was not!

7 Likes

This is probably a stupid question but does this mean that we have a c ffi again? If yes then where can I find it (the fully defined c headers for the new data types and additional functions) precisely (no longer in client libs I assume…?)

4 Likes

This is working on Ubuntu but I’m having a couple of problems on Windows 10. To walk through it. On installation, and having installed the browser, this popup appears.
snapp1

But as soon as you change the focus (e.g. switch to a browser) it disappears (EDIT: it is in the hiddden icons tray on Windows). There is a shortcut on the desktop but clicking it has no visible effect, leaving the only obvious option to reinstall the Safe Network App, at which point a message pops up to say it’s already running.
snapp4
After reinstalling and starting the browser a message immediately pops up saying it can’t connect because of a timeout. How to restart the browser is not obvious because by now the Safe Network App has disappeared again.
snapp3
So two issues really.

1. On Windows 10 the app goes out of focus (even alt-tabbing through open apps doesn’t find it, and there’s nothing pinned to the taskbar).
    EDIT: Found it now in the tray (show hidden icons). Restarting the browser doesn’t help though.
  2. The browser is not connecting, at least on first launch.

I uninstalled all installed versions of the SAFE Browser before trying this.

One question - how does authentication work with the SAFE Network App?

8 Likes

To answer my own question - you need the latest version of the authenticator running in a terminal so you can authorise the browser. I was using the previous version which doesn’t work. Sorted now (on Ubuntu).

4 Likes

Thnx 4 the update Maidsafe devs,

That’s the spirit Fleming before anything :partying_face:

Finally some justice on the pweb, with the dog command (I thought about asking for it, but also thought that I would be declared :crazy_face: for distracting the Maidsafe devs for another animal spirit).

I’m sure the Dogecoin community likes this update…

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Catting a file does sound more wholesome that dogging a file, mind! :zipper_mouth_face: :rofl:

7 Likes

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-cli/tree/master/safe-ffi

No C headers yet, if I’m interpreting the build.rs right.

4 Likes

Ok - that’s what I thought I’d see too :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Fixed now. I needed to replace the vault_connection_info.config file at C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\MaidSafe\safe_vault\config with a new one downloaded from here.

2 Likes

Glad it turned up in the end!

3 Likes

I add the translation into Bulgarian in the first post :slight_smile:
https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-новини-10-10-2019/

5 Likes

One word: “Hen”! (More obviously necessary ones, if more than three letters are allowed.)

1 Like

Why no telegram channel?

There is: see Telegram: Contact @safenetwork

6 Likes