SAFE Network Dev Update - November 22, 2018

This is a very encouraging update, and I don’t mean because I’m mentioned :smile: – although thank you very much Maidsafe for highlighting my bit – but because it shows significant progress and upcoming releases in so many areas. This is brilliant.

Coming to SAFE Drive, thank you everyone for your encouragement and help. Quite a few people have now jumped in to help with testing, porting to Windows and MacOS etc, so it really has been much more than just me. Special mention to @JPL who has given a lot of time over the last few weeks, and to @isntism and @draw who got stuck in in no time and have already helped spot some bugs. But to all who have had a go, you know who you are. Things are going amazingly well, and there are plenty of things to do, and which people can help with.

Thanks for the messages of support. Public and private, these help a lot :slight_smile:

Although I am now worried in case I can’t deliver. :fearful:

But I have sorted a few more bugs even today, and the regression tests are passing [phew] which is amazing.

SAFE Drive for a decentralised git and github

What I’m keen to find time to do is to check out the feasibility of a decentralised git (fairly straightforward) and a decentralised github (more involved) because it means setting up a web UI for git repos using something open source, such as gitea or sr.ht. If anyone fancies having a go with those, or any other web UI, please head over and reply to this post on the dev forum.

SAFE Drive for decentralised Dropbox

This is ready to go for anyone who wants to play with rsync and cron. If somebody could create a script based UI or something to make that easy for others, or just to test it more rigorously, please jump in and reply to this dev forum post.

SAFE Drive help with testing

If you would like to try SAFE Drive out and do a bit of testing – and even trying to set it up is valuable testing – myself and others will help you get going and be very happy for any time you put into this, however small. By now I think there are a few people who can help others get SAFE Drive working and to do some tests, so if you would like to help, see the instructions on this dev forum post.

45 Likes