SAFE Network Dev Update - May 2, 2019

One thing I learned throughout the years is that the people who create a roadmap will profit the most from it. Just the plain process of creating it is so valuable that I think it will be worth the effort eitherway.

In addition it brings a healthy level of transparency for outside stakeholders that we all have been waiting for. In such a big project it’s easy to get lost (even for hardcore followers) so seeing all the components in perspective is great! Many thanks @maidsafe! Looking very much forward to it!

14 Likes

Done!

12 Likes

We’ve also cross-posted the dev update to Steemit this week to gauge whether or not there’s any interest from new, non-community members on that platform. You can check it out and upvote if you’re a Steemit user at SAFE Network Dev Update - May 2, 2019 — Steemit

18 Likes

To me I think it means you guys have cracked the mystery of the universe, so to speak, and there’s nothing left to invent. And you can now post a roadmap becuase you’re close to the finish line. This is truly amazing times!

12 Likes

Fantastic stuff. The roadmap is a double edged sword, but I personally am happy to have it. Nice to get a shout out, a lovely feeling to give some little thing back to a project you’ve followed for years. Keep going, and good things ahead!

13 Likes

Excellent update.

In the Quic p2p video @ustulation you compare Quic to Crust … is this as a complete replacement? Or is it just replacing part of Crust?

EDIT: just read this:  https://forum.autonomi.community/t/quic-quinn-crust-an-update/28455

So it seems crust is being fully replaced ... I guess?

As most everyone here, looking forward to new roadmap. I think any long-term Maidsafe fan understands there are no time-string attached.

I think it would be nice to see the historical road map as well including dead-ends and reasoning – not for critical purposes but to understand just how big and difficult this project is. Perhaps that is something for the future post-beta

… Someday there will be a documentary motion picture – so keep ALL your notes!!!

Cheers

11 Likes

thanks a lot :smiley:

hmmm - a pity this much effort went into crust in the past - but i’m glad additional resources seem to become free now to work on other edges of the project :slight_smile:

very looking forward to the roadmap - would be nice to have a rough idea what’s next (what’s still left to be done) and when roughly to expect those next steps =)

just a rough estimate of main points would have been perfect for me but i won’t comply about nice project management charting stuff (and if you just ‘plug in’ your project management tools into the website it always would be up to date by definition :slight_smile: )

that’s all expected and perfect

I will follow you in doing so as soon as i see it :wink: :smiley:

6 Likes

Essentially what you’re saying it’s a glorified To-Do list and Have-Done List not a Launch Date estimation like some make it out to be. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once the To-Do list is done, there will be launch

2 Likes

That is the plan. Lets see how complete we can make it though. It is quite a task, there is one feature I would like before safecoin becomes real safecoin, but we will see.

4 Likes

That’s a really good news that you are now able to give us a more detailed roadmap. Even if you won’t annouce any launching date which I understand, I hope we will get a better view on when it could happen. If it’s more likely to be in a few months, semesters, or years.

Is there any way you could comment on restarts and upgrades? That component seems particularly scary to me. I’m not an engineer, but from everything I’ve read over the years it feels like that part is the last big unknown.

Here is one recent topic exploring that question.

5 Likes

Solid London meetup now has more than 100 takers (majority to see @nbaksalyar no doubt :smiley:). Talk of moving the venue to St Paul’s (probably not the cathedral but if numbers keep growing who knows?)

12 Likes