SAFE Network Dev Update - March 21, 2019

I’m real happy for this one, partly because it’s always easier to build on something. As for QUIC, I especially like that it doesn’t use IP addresses and ports for identifying connections but they have their own ID which sounds a lot more reasonable because it’s not tied down to a particular implementation of networking for no real reason.

10 Likes

It’s cool how the high-level principles of the project are apparent in even the low-level implementation details. That’s an important alignment.

4 Likes

Are we sure we want this at the CORE tech of MaidSafe if its currently:
“suitable for experimental use” ?

Personally, I wouldn’t say using quinn would be less stable than our homebrew code. All software has to go through the process of stabilization. Using a generic open source library, which potentially is tested by many other projects, will definitely help us get Crust stabilized faster than on our own :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I’ve been watching a few videos on QUIC and man it really seems impressive. Really cool the Crust team picked this up. Props @ustulation and @povilasb.

@nbaksalyar I think I saw you had some to do with it as well. Hard to catch everyone since it’s such a rockin team.

16 Likes