SAFE Network Dev Update - June 27, 2019

Apparently it’s been raining a bit for the last few days (finally!).

2 Likes

Good to hear: there’s always rain after the shunshine :wink:

Ps: in France they are wasting water with street-pooling: illegally opening fire hydrants.

1 Like

Hi again. I’ve been able to reproduce this issue. It does seem to be Windows 7 specific though as we haven’t encountered it on other platforms. Win 7 is not an officially supported platform so it may take the devs longer to get to the bottom of this but we are working on it! I’ve raised a bug on the project board for it here: Windows 7 - "Serialisation error" thrown when logging into SAFE · Issue #880 · maidsafe/sn_browser · GitHub

5 Likes

Marketers?

How many ‘Safe Network Primers’ have you handed out, posted out, twit linked out, donated, dumped on street corners, left in toilets, left in corridors, evangelised in churches, sent to politicians?

How many primers have you delivered to humans anywhere in the world, since community members created them? …any at all? at any conference or meeting?

Cut the fluff, deliver the primers!

It’s because Gmail has been filling it away in spam. :slightly_frowning_face:

Check your spam.

aaaahahahahaahh they are afraid of maidsafe and safe network!!!

3 Likes

Hey @chrisfostertv - the Primer tends to be the top link that gets shared and people get sent at conferences, meetups, after calls, etc. However, we haven’t printed a huge batch of physical copies ourselves, partly because of the cost but mainly because you also lose the benefit of the links etc in a handout. Put simply, the money could be better spent elsewhere in the past. However, @pierrechevalier83 did in the past print out his own copies which went down well at meetups etc. Hopefully with it being digital the community can help to share the link widely also for free

14 Likes

Thanks for sharing weekly updates !:grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks for the great update Maidsafe devs.

Fun to see a dev suddenly appearing with a new app @ogrebgr @Dimitar :exploding_head: :clap:

Yesterday one of the toughest sales person to sell something to, confessed to me that he invested thousand’s of euro’s in Maidsafecoin after I told him about it (boring). The most valuable he said was I quote “Maidsafe is the most human friendly project that I came across”.

Nothing beats working code, so keep coding super ants, in my small circle of people it’s def paying off to tell the Maidsafe story (I’m to lazy to tell, I let them look it up on Youtube and try the software for themselves).

Keep up the good work

:stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Sounds familiar to you @Harvindar?

1 Like

Definitely like the change in tempo.
Bitcoin always seems to rally and save Maidsafe finances consistantly over the years.

Might be last chance to deliver though

12 Likes

Agree, the time for speculating and theories is over. The time for engineering and delivery has arrived. You either have the talent and dedication with a game plan or you do not. Lets see which side of the fence MAID lands on :slight_smile: . If they can ship something feature complete fairly soon and later iterate on it that will be much better than not seeing a finish line at all.

7 Likes

Yeah. Something i used to do. These days less. Too much pressure and questions from those who buy into the vision :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Nice update of fixes to the SAFE-browser, will the SAFE-browser get a “dark-theme” switch in a future update? @hunterlester
Dark-theme make it so much easier for the eyes, trying to use it wherever it is possible.

6 Likes

Yet another person has nailed me down to help them buy maidsafe this weekend. Edit (actually 2 people)

… recently I remember the browser could browse the SAFENet without logging in. I just installed the new safebrowser for this person… tried to visit a website and it says, “setup incomplete, connection not available yet” :(. bit of a bummer, I want them to use the test net now they are financially invested.

Settings up forum account, they are not too keen.

1 Like

Setting up a forum account won’t be necessary on the final network. It’s only temporary for alpha networks.

Maybe it was on community network, this one doesn’t need an account to browse.

Edit: Or you have registered your IP address and this is enough to browse alpha 2 network without logging in.

Thank you. Yup. This is the case. At the moment you need a whitelisted IP to browse the SAFENetwork.

5 Likes

It’s not currently a part of future plans but doesn’t mean it can’t be.
Definitely open an issue or I can do it as well.

The implementation would be simple but the design would definitely be interesting and challenging. Getting the color theory right so that everything still looks good, etc.

4 Likes

A theme for ‘going dark:wink:

3 Likes

Excellent. I’m glad to have come across this whole thing entirely by accident.

16 Likes