SAFE Network Dev Update - June 11, 2020

Not wanting to miss out, I’ll be over here creating the chunks you store :slight_smile:

Some amuse cerveau, for when you can see them. All works well and as expected… upload and download…

safe://hello
safe://asteroids
safe://cairo
safe://echr
safe://empty
safe://emptybag
safe://eye.eye
safe://eye.test
safe://fault
safe://freedom
safe://heaven
safe://security
safe://space.balls
safe://sweaty.palms
safe://the.odyssey
safe://the.teapot
safe://trust
safe://udhr
safe://uni
safe://V
safe://wallpaper
safe://website
safe://Журавли
safe://无题

13 Likes

Exciting stuff! :+1: Busy at the moment but I look forward to a spot of vault watching and chunk catching at the weekend.

8 Likes

Hmm - not sure I want to see those TBH

10 Likes

for the enterprising you can get at them now with the CLI.

Just navigate through
safe dog
safe cat
and
safe cat for the individual files

I’ve held off uploading large files, unclear the limits atm.

8 Likes

FIRST!
YESSSSSS

AbsoluteMajorAmericancrow-size_restricted

9 Likes

That explains a lot…
I was wanting to test retrieval of chunks as well as putting them.

In that case can I ask a few of you good people to do something like
safe files get safe://cdn/media/sounds/

and let me know what kind of download speed you are getting. Ta much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

max 4.97MB/s
typically 2.38MB/s
but that’s likely relative to three’s weak 4G delivery to here.

First time I’ve used get… the formatting of the progress seems off spawning many lines which are overlapped but looks like it might become more user freindly than cat.

5 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

OK if this all breaks,its probably my fault…

I’m uploading a folder with 304 items, totalling 50.9 MB.

If any of you use FlightGear - a most excellent OSS flight simulator, you can grab a very detailed model of a Boeing 737-800 in an hour or two

8 Likes

around 300 KB/s

6 Likes

THanks that matches mine here

willie@gagarin:~/projects/maidsafe$ safe files get safe://cdn/media/sounds/
  [00:01:09] [########################################] 20.97MB/20.97MB (304.04KB/s, 0s)  Transfer
Done. Retrieved 5 files to .
5 Likes

Thank you for the great update @maidsafe , and congratulations for reaching this huge milestone ! Vaults from home is really an accomplishment :slight_smile: I just spawned an instance and started a vault without problem. ( I can’t run a vault from my real home, as I am now on capped 4G internet plan only, so I’m using an uncapped vps for the vault )

6 Likes

Which platform are you on? The progress indicator seems to have issues on windows I’ve noticed.

There are some visual issues on other platforms also, but typically they only appear if a prompt is necessary.

Anyway, you can file an issue about if you like. Unfortunately its kind of a tricky area, but worth a revisit and has been in the back of my mind for a while.

2 Likes

Get onto it and upvote gang

Edit

Link to post here: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23494298

2 Likes

A wee reminder for those of you who want to examine the vault performance in a little more detail.
Bandwich is a very handy utility - and its written in rust

EDIT credit to @happybeing for showing me this

7 Likes

Vaults from Home wow!! :partying_face:
It’s so exciting to see this project growing so much over time!
Thanks for your time, your energy and dedication team. Keep up the great work!

11 Likes

Thanks to @nice we have a translation into French! Thank you friend, I added it in the first post! :bow_and_arrow: :dragon: :bowing_man:

14 Likes

Checked the forum this morning - can confirm, I was not just dreaming about vaults from home last night.

Just wow!!

10 Likes

I’d just like to add that this upload went fine, no problems at all and everything was cool for quite a while afterwards — it wasn’t my fault - boo-hoo - floods of tears

11 Likes

:joy: that post did briefly cross my mind this morning.

4 Likes