SAFE Network Dev Update - July 4, 2019

Wow, I really like how you implement Version History and ownership in the Perpetual web browser! This looks so good!

20 Likes

Indeed, would be cool if this is reflected on the safenetwork.tech website. Keep up the good work!

BTW, speaking of the safenetwork.tech website, I noticed that the page is often quite unresponsive. It takes quite long to load and when clicking on to top navigation items (e.g. roadmap) nothing happens. If I then wait for some seconds it jumps to the requested section. I think this is due to the gif animations of the background which take longer to load. I’ve created a screen-capture of the behavior: Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

In the video above I not only move the mouse cursor, but click several times on different navigation items without any effect.

9 Likes

Great progress team! @Cgray - congrats on promotion too!

Loving the versioning mock ups! This will be a killer feature for users and it will give real usability to the perpetual web! Excellent work!

21 Likes

It is really nice to be able to take a look at this from here. The error messages look very readable and simple to understand. The Url bar changes depending on versions are very clean looking too.

Again it allows us to sort of touch the future , which creates a mix of hope and excitment . Well done !

As a side note, I switched my pc for a raspberry pi, and I had to use my old regular pc to be able to watch the slides on figma.com, as these bring the pi to its knees.

11 Likes

Those Figma things don’t seem to work on my tablet. Tried tapping on them, and the full screen version. I can get two buttons to display ( ‘>’ and ‘Restart’) but no further.

6 Likes

Does this mean the RMD entry in the roadmap can be turned green?

19 Likes

I had that for a while (it takes an age to download though mind). I had some js blocker and things that prevented it working.

10 Likes

Beautiful and beautiful.

Thanks to everyone helping make this “impossible” network possible.

16 Likes

I waited several minutes for the progress bar to complete, and then some. Still no joy so gave up.

7 Likes

I suppose the Figma slides could be exported to some dumb jpg slideshow ?

7 Likes

It’s a shame, these Figma prototype/slideshows end up being buggy. I wonder if they are perhaps struggling with the numbers of simultaneous users?

Will have it try something else for the publication/sharing. It’s a shame as often you can end up sinking half a day in outputting static mocks, assembling, notating, etc. Whereas using a ‘active’ Figma file fits more directly into the workflow.

Ho hum!

15 Likes

Maybe they can be recorded as a screencast?

3 Likes

Yeah that was my first thought

6 Likes

Thanks so much to the whole team for all of your hard work!

9 Likes

Every week it seems like there’s new people. Once it seems to settle down, I think everyone would love a little video with just maybe a 2 sec clip of each official MaidSafe-r. Feels like there’s lots of hidden heroes :heart:

Or is the company page being filled in with a little on each person? Genuinely interested in the company growth :+1: :100:

11 Likes

Another phenomenal update. It’s hard to believe how much has been accomplished in just the last month or so. From all the progress on GitHub, it looks like things are going to be outrageously exciting from here on out. Congrats to Dug and Ceilidh on the promos. COO and Head of Marketing at MaidSafe…talk about dream jobs!

18 Likes

That’s sad. Maybe this is why they introduced Figma mirror application but sadly it requires login and sharing doesn’t work.

4 Likes

Amazing progress! The version history history :heart_eyes: super feature rich yet understandable. Looks absolutely fantastic and it’s honestly so so so much more than what I had imagined. Glad this paradigm shifting tech will have the UX to match :smile:

This project, or should I say movement? Becomes more and more inspiring by the week(ly updates). Cheering you on @maidsafe

20 Likes

I’ve raised this as an issue on github BTW, hopefully we can get it fixed soon. Thanks!

7 Likes

Loving that video :slight_smile:

13 Likes