SAFE Network Dev Update - July 11, 2019

maybe safe network vaults on mobile? or maybe an authenticator for mobile that will enable access to browsers and apps

or even the app that will be the hub of all safe apps and browsers and the authenticator and will update all of them when there is an update

2 Likes

Love it! You guys are blowing it up as per usual! Keep crushing it, Mark!

9 Likes

Is this an operation that could occur in real-time as a stream?

Iā€™m thinking in terms of an multi-track audio recording platform, where a project file is in essence elastic.

2 Likes

Thank you for the great work Team @MaidSafe!

As always, the translation of the basic things in Bulgarian is ready :wink:

https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-Š½Š¾Š²ŠøŠ½Šø-11-7-2019/

13 Likes

Fabulous update! Thanks Maidsafe team :wink:

Totally agree - once per month would be awesome.

Soooo, what youā€™re saying is ā€¦ we all need to read these updates very carefully because there may be Easter eggs hidden in the message. :wink:

12 Likes

great update! thanks for hardworking! Integration of quic-p2p into Routing is almost done? what a news!

5 Likes

Itā€™s a beautiful thing seeing the project grow not only in scope beyond what I ever imagined but grow in stature, presence and personality.

Iā€™m not sure if I missed it somewhere but why has work on node aging been paused?

9 Likes

Mostly to allow the new message delivery mechanisms to be in place first. Then BLS makes quite a difference as well. So the relocation work node age enforces was best paused as it would conflict with a lot of that work on message delivery.

17 Likes

hey @SmoothOperatorGR, we already have a SAFE Authenticator app for mobile which can be used to authenticate other apps. Please check this forum post: Release: SAFE Authenticator Mobile v0.1.1.

Also, There are couple of mobile apps which you can try.

12 Likes

great! didnt know that!

7 Likes

Not at this time. Itā€™s a manual, rsync style operation.

4 Likes

A technique also pioneered in Scotland, by the great Jesse Rae, using ISDN!

5 Likes

A man always ahead of his time.

The Acid House vibe of thisā€¦ in '79!

7 Likes

Happy Friday folks!

As promised, the Take Control of Your Data post is now live :partying_face:

Hereā€™s the link to the Medium post and the forum link also.

Let us know what you think!

14 Likes

How have I never seen that?! Thanks Jim, '79 ish was an awesome time to be into music, and it just got better.

2 Likes

Great update as always Maidsafe devs.

Super happy to see that a Mobile browser is coming (saves devs a lot of time, so they can create web only, instead of platform specific).

Keep up the good work, weā€™re getting really really really close
:stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Great update :heart:

Probably the biggest improvement Iā€™ve been seeing lately is the marketing and organization. I was actually notified of the new browser on social media :scream: so great job from MaidSafeā€™s account on that!

Been kinda sick lately but made myself get the new browser and play with it. Tried to port a little game to the Alpha net but not quite working yet.

Can try it here for now: tiny.cc/MaidShip

Only really stable on desktop so far sorry

I put a few little hidden jokes and Easter eggs like the never ending ā€œAlphaā€ counter :joy: some more ā€œlunch-time hackingā€ today :relaxed:

The farthest level I got to was ā€œAlpha 5ā€ :laughing:

Also, wow. 5 years with you guys here and MaidSafe. And still going strong :heart:. Already the longest relationship Iā€™ve had in my short life :joy: Definitely going to do what I can to support, forever. First year was the loudest but good things take time :clock3:

Had to do something to make my anniversary special :rose:

36 Likes

Get well soon. Was wondering why we had heard so little from you recently.

All the best

5 Likes

Always thanks for sharing

4 Likes

Why maidsafe token is delisted from most of the exchanges?:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like