Safe Network Dev Update - January 28, 2021

It’s a wee bit thinner due to all the chin scratching there. But that at least grows back

18 Likes

Farming is mining. I don’t know if this is the final testnet before before Fleming, but this would be the next step to that release.

8 Likes

Liked and retweeted :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Latest version of the baby-fleming network looking very good on first outing. Uploading a 35mb file was about 4x faster than before and with far fewer errors.
I had to start and restart auth and killall nodes a couple of times to get it to work - not sure if that’s expected or not.

Just out of interest, what do these errors signify and are they expected in the normal run of things?

Running sn_node v0.25.39
====================

[sn_node] ERROR 2021-01-28T22:11:13.811336732+00:00 [src/node/node_duties/msg_analysis.rs:106] Unknown message destination: MessageId(48a9d7..)
[sn_node] ERROR 2021-01-28T22:11:52.689011423+00:00 [src/utils.rs:56] Failed to load auto dump db at /home/user/.safe/node/baby-fleming-nodes/sn-node-4/transfers/9b350d54228712169bf5a8de12ccc9ac31b9d40c20dfdeac131061e001d4802e.db: No such file or directory (os error 2)

Not an error strictly speaking but I’d love to know what’s going on

[sn_node] INFO 2021-01-28T22:13:12.190898965+00:00 [src/node/node_duties/network_events.rs:161] Message Envelope received. Contents: MsgEnvelope { message: CmdError { error: Data(DataExists), id: MessageId(33f6a1..), correlation_id: MessageId(c45a58..), cmd_origin: Client(3d5253..) }, origin: MsgSender { entity: Entity::Ed25519(330b49..)AdultNode(ChunkStorage), sig: Some(EntitySignature::Node::Ed25519(..)) }, proxies: [] }

23 Likes

Good call and great news! Next weekend will be fun and I’ll finally put some time in to dive into the CLI and learn by doing!

Welcome to the community unknown Safe cypherpunk!

Yais…this is super stuff to share with the world. Showing some of this in action with some videos could be cool :thinking:

Thanks to the team and community as always :pray: - the impossible network is basically here!

19 Likes

The excitement builds. Great stuff team MaidSafe!

14 Likes

Those are errors where we asked a wrong Adult for data, but the rewards flow has fixed a bunch of these and some current work will catch the remainder, well we hope so :wink:

Got an error that data did not exist, the cmd came from a client to an Adult. This looks like the log on the Adult.

15 Likes

This is fantastic!!! :smile:

23 Likes

Thanks team! its getting close!! its over there!!!

13 Likes

Brilliant effort. Well done all. Just a few more days :blush:

10 Likes

Test Net in 4580_Timer

4788_cute_cat

23 Likes

Waiting for end of countdown is disappointing.

Any resemblance with existing or past situations is purely coincidental.

8 Likes

Haha IKR, that is why the pretty happy cat is there. The end is happy campers enjoying the public testnet

7 Likes

Getting to the point where security audits are deemed necessary is by far the most exciting part of a jam packed update.

14 Likes

Thx for the exiting update MAidsafe devs

Hackers are the best immune-system engineers period :clap: :clap: :clap: encore. @maidsafe should add an bug bounty program also, besides the cep would really encourage more hackers to try and break this network.

Wow, just wow
Can’t wait to see the rewards in action, it will also give a better idea in general, how to adjust your SAFE app to it. :partying_face:

@mav’s :vulcan_salute:

@jpl’s can you please explain how to upload files, if you got the time? I want to try it, but it was :exploding_head: how to do it. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

No worries, here’s what I do - following the CLI User Guide

Delete ~./safe and reinstall everything from scratch

Start the local network safe node run-baby-fleming
Create a new node (optional I think): safe node join
Start the authenticator: safe auth start
Check it’s running: safe auth status
Create: a safe safe auth create --test-coins
Login: safe auth unlock --self-auth
To upload a file my_file do: safe files put ./my_file
Or to upload a folder, create a folder called to-upload (or whatever) and put a couple of files in it (best start with small ones).
Then in the parent folder of to-upload run: safe files put ./to-upload/ --recursive

If it works you should see something like FilesContainer created at: "safe://hyryyry6fh7cnenii5z1b7a3jcr5bd8jyojtxnkt6n8195b48hsf43bobnonra" plus a list of files.

16 Likes

Thank you for the explanation.

I get an error, I guess I’m forgetting something but cant figure out what:

3 Likes

I also got that (and other errors) on occasion. Try killing the nodes and restarting auth - it will work eventually.

10 Likes

It feels like going somewhere.

1 Like

I still get this error from time to time on unlocking a safe and trying to upload data. This is from the tail of log of Node 2 which started as an Adult but which I guess is now an Elder.

[sn_node] INFO 2021-01-30T11:30:30.618861300+00:00 [src\node\node_duties\mod.rs:89] Checking duty level: are we an Elder? true
[sn_node] INFO 2021-01-30T11:30:30.619232100+00:00 [src\node\mod.rs:229] unimplemented: Handle errors.. No mapping to sn_messages error is set up for this NodeError Logic error: Key does not exist among locks.

The network was restarted.

6 Likes