Safe Network Dev Update - February 4, 2021

Yes, good to see you in here again @polpolrene Must admit to being a touch concerned at your absence. Hope all is well with you and yours.

9 Likes

Close but no cigar…roll on next Thursday. Good work Maid safe team.

8 Likes

@happybeing you know what I miss… your podcast. do you think you’ll bring it back now that it sounds like the we are almost there?

4 Likes

I’ve never done a podcast, maybe you mean @fergish ?

10 Likes

sorry, yes it was @fergish

12 Likes

Almost there. What’s another week or two :grin: well done all… Keep plugging away :+1:

13 Likes

(Obviously filthy reply withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

11 Likes

Good to see you again @DGeddes :+1:t2:

14 Likes

Hey… Been peeping in from the bushes behind the Safe garden for a while but the day job has been craaaaaazy for so long I’ve struggled to get any time to get back involved. Mark might even get me peer reviewing code again with this sexamungus git project.

30 Likes

16 Likes

Great work Team. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hey David, hope all is well, sounds like it is. Your tennis bats ( :smiley: ) must be restrung a million times now :wink: stay cool chap and hope we catch up sometime.

19 Likes

:smile::smile::smile: - lockdown is killing me, David. I haven’t whipped out my “bat” in months (although that might well be 16 years of marriage taking it’s toll as much as tier 4 or whatever).

Very happy to see all the great work after the refocusing - completely the right decision to make. So excited for the future. That being said, if the Haitian authorities hadn’t impounded that doll I’d ordered it all might have been so different.

I’ve got a couple of dev ideas that I’m going to start working on whenever @StephenC stops being such a buzzkill and lets you release the testnet.

Anyhoo… Get back to revolutionising the entire planet you big bugger! :smiley:

26 Likes

Great news and I can’t wait to try the new testnet. But don’t hurry and make it bug free and user friendly…I couldn’t get the Xmas testnet to work.

10 Likes

Yes I thought @fergish’s podcasts were invaluable. I listened to all of them, and as a non-dev, they really helped my understanding of MaidSafe. I’d of course love to see those podcasts continue in some form. (Btw, thank you @fergish for your work on those!)

And no problem at all about the delay - I’m just really looking forward to seeing all this progress being made recently.

Cheers and long live :safe: !

20 Likes

I look forward to @fergish having some new material to report on. I too enjoyed them greatly!

13 Likes

Yay, @Bernhard_Rekkedal, @polpolrene, @DGeddes, & @Yerontour!! Folks are reassembling, and it’s great to see :smile:

20 Likes

So exciting to watch the birth of something living and breathing that hasn’t existed before. Thrilling too to see all the hints that Safe really is still at the cutting edge of technology.

Thanks for the immense efforts that have gone into getting it to this stage, and good luck for the remaining work.

I can only hope people will use it wisely!

14 Likes

4aix89

8 Likes

:smiley: that was the other way to fix it :smiley: :smiley:

8 Likes