SAFE Network Dev Update - February 20, 2020

Bottle of Buckie and a fiver deal — pyoor class man.

1 Like

If you get the chicken suit I’ll provide the Buckie

2 Likes

Don’t forget the fireworks. Very important.

Also I will be present at @Southside’s world premiere.

But on a more serious note, if Baby Fleming were an animal, what animal would it be?

1 Like

@Sotros25 An elephant — sod Postgres

2 Likes

DISCLOSURE: I effin hate Buckie. Never did like it.
My boys on the other hand are quite keen on the stuff. I have failed as a parent…

2 Likes

Here an applicable baby picture from Holly Fleming from Maidstone (Canada)

4 Likes

Keeps them warm on a cold winter morning as they walk to the nursery

How about a Baby Fleming-o?
baby-flamingo-2

15 Likes

Surely something can be done with elephants never forgetting :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Feed them Buckie until they forget

2 Likes

@bochaco @joshuef have you fellas heard of Deno? The creator of node.js built it to make up for what he perceived as node.js’ shortcomings. I’m just learning about it but apparently it is a runtime for JavaScript and TypeScript that is based on the V8 JavaScript engine and the Rust programming language.

Thought maybe you would find this interesting for down the road.

5 Likes

Aye, I’m familiar with it. Definitely interesting, and kind of cool to see someone revisit /re execute a project too.

Will definitely be worth digging into more as it matures!

2 Likes

I had a look at the roadmap and found out that there are already safecoins and a wallet. I wasn´t aware of that, so I have a small suggestion regarding the structure of the weekly update: wouldn´t it make sense to structure the update with regard to the missing pieces of Fleming (that is: node ageing, farming and vaults from home) and give an estimate to what extent they are finished?

These topics appear in the updates but there appears to be no direct link to the roadmap. What do you think? It doesn´t hurt if other parts appear, but to me and other not so technical community members it would provide added value if one can draw a clear line between what has been done and how it is related to the roadmap.

3 Likes

All this would be nice but its my understanding that the team has been pared down to devs only + one admin person.

The devs are busy doing what devs do - and there is a lot of juicy stuff getting done.
What you ask for would distract them from that, sadly.
So they are producing, not communicating.
Frustrating I know but not as frustrating as waiting for stuff to happen when the folk making the stuff happen are side tracked into making and updating roadmap documents.

A look at the github repos shows a lot of crucial areas getting very close to completion. We are nearly there…

6 Likes

Oh, how I long for

safe_vault-0.21.0-x86_64-unknown-linux-musl.tar.gz and friends

We really are at the tickly bit…

EDIT: Saturday night and @bochaco is still hard at it.
I have become one of those who haunt github looking for tiny hints…
@bochaco has just dropped a nice hint :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Individual working independently towards a common goal. That’s a very “antish” style of programming. Let’s call it… ant style programming!

Keep up the great works, can’t wait to see a Flemming network out in the wild.

5 Likes

Hey @ravinderjangra is this PR to address the media issue on mobile? Should allow seeking through media too, yes? Also curious what the status of streaming is too if possible :grin:

2 Likes

Hey @Nigel, yep you got this right :+1:t2:. This PR is to support the range based requests which can be used for streaming or downloading the files in smaller parts based on network strength and other factors.

I think, this wouldn’t be enough to allow seeking through the media but ATM I am not 100% sure what else we need to make that possible so I’ll try finding and reading some docs/material on how we can implement that.

I didn’t get the last part from your questions so I am assuming you mean the status of implementing the streaming in the browser app? If that’s your question then I’ll say once these two PRs are merged in the SCL and API repo then I’ll start working on the mobile part.

6 Likes

Everything asked has been answered and then some @ravinderjangra :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for the detailed response Rav!

5 Likes

Thank you for the heavy work team MaidSafe! I add the translation into Bulgarian in the first post :dragon:

8 Likes