SAFE Network Dev Update - December 12, 2019

Thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

I was hoping being nice would bring out some niceness in him. After seeing his last comment BIG MISTAKE. I agree. (Was worth a try though)

4 Likes

With that kind of personality, I can only see that 2 particular streaks in the Dev Update thread where he was actually nice were likely a relishing in his own fun, at mocking/mimicking any similarly positive-goers occasionally presented by other people. Hence why my ultimate satirical post against him (that got its content hidden by people believing Starsmick could actually be changed rather than seeing through him) was the best. I should bring that back, but I won’t regardless of how invalid any reason of it being hidden was… oops here it is.

2 Likes

Remember you have an ignore function. Use it wisely :slight_smile:

IMHO, the mods need to publicise this more.

1 Like

Poetry, pure poetry, man.
I bow to your superior slagging ability

1 Like

Yes, must start using it, didn’t realise we had one till a few mnths back.
Used to be one if my favourite functions on bitcointalk when I used to hang out there.

1 Like

Where do you find that? I have heard of this thing, but have never found it :smiley:

4 Likes

According to this post, it’s not available to everyone…

https://meta.discourse.org/t/ability-to-ignore-a-user/110254

Well, I say that, not sure what they mean by users with a TL. But it appears to work for me.

2 Likes

Found it in preferences. Now let’s see if it works. Cheers @bones :+1:

6 Likes

A feature I like is , its not a permanent ignore. You can choose how long to ignore a person for.

Some folk however I’m happy to go back into preferences and ignore them for another six months.

BTW My block list on this forum consists of precisely two people

So the block function IS there, just use it judiciously.

1 Like

:thinking: Ignore function might be a handy protocol level feature for SAFE :joy:

Just kidding folks. Tough crowd lately.

4 Likes

Thnx for the update Maidsafe devs,

I got to admit, most of what I read was over my head :sweat_smile: but still like reading about the progress being made.

:clap: :clap: :clap: @danda too bad that we don’t got a 1MAID/merged PR reward… Is it worth it to the community to do something like this (I know I would put my money where my mouth is, if others would also do it)… Just a thought…

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I wonder what the talented people here and @dirvine think about the Metanet of Craig wright and his vision for BSV, apparently he wants it to be more than a peer to peer cash system. It seems right now that many projects out there are trying to do what Maidsafe are trying to achieve. https://nchain.com/en/the-metanet/

2 Likes

All the more reason for speedy delivery although like every other project this remains on the blockchain. I continue to think something with this relative structure though and first to market may win the day even if another product is behind it with superiority.

1 Like

BSV are planning to scale infinitely. They are preparing for a teranode upgrade, 0 confirmations, million tx per second by the end of 2020 and file storage onchain.

Planning and doing are two very different things as we have seen with most projects.

3 Likes

My work is done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, but on the wrong thread?

1 Like

Now we have them all confused. :slight_smile:

EDIT: This is what happens when you are browsing safenetforum.org while on the phone t to someone telling them about some very positve (non-SAFE related news) and then you get another incoming call wanting an update and art the same time son#2 and Mrs Southside both want my attention.
Your lucky it wasn’t just the wrong thread I replied to and you didnt get a registration number and the price of new CV joints for an 09 Golf

7 Likes