SAFE Network Dev Update - August 8, 2019

Not sure why so there was so much frustration from some folks. I suspect some of the cryptonauts were hoping for a pump on Fleming’s birthday. IMO this marks another week of great progress… hope the devs are getting plenty of sleep. SAFE-CLI = awesome.

Is NRS really a system, or is it better described as a service provided by the network?

12 Likes

Haha same here. I’m very much at ease being critical, sceptica, cynical and confrontational :grin: and been here since 2015.

I want to see this project succeed and as frustrating as it can get at times (waiting for release) these guys have done so much and continue to be an inspiration to me personally.

A quote I read today, it’s something Albert Einstein said on his death bed when being interviewed by LIFE “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

MaidSafe is producing something of immense value.

Thanks team Maidsafe!

You guys are awesome!

Keep chipping away.

25 Likes

Excellent work as always, Maidsafe.

Negative comments are hard to see, but of course the team know most of the community is completely behind them and we understand the huge tasks and work to get us to beta.

If we had been pulled more people into the 2017 hype, with a lot of moonboy newcomers, I think we would be seeing a lot more of these negative comments. So I think that has been a blessing now we can look back at that and hopefully the herd jump in just before we hit beta when the waiting is almost over.

Keep going Maidsafe. We will be with you every step of the way.

16 Likes

I plead guilty for giving the pot a little stir for his birthday. Maybe I should have left the spoon in the drawer :grinning:.
Thanks for the update guys, good stuff as always.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update! Great to see the progress on the SMD / BLS side!

Do you have any indication what tasks need to be finished until the Vault (Phase 1) release? If I’m not mistaken there were some hints in last weeks update but it wasn’t mentioned yesterday.

On a side note: I’ve noticed that the Github project plan structure is kind of outdated. We’re now 9 days into Aug and it still has the July lane in it.

7 Likes

Vault is all good, we are just updating SCL for the connection to vaults. That is happening with CLI updates (for testing the API is useful or as useful as we can make it), API updates and all the new data types. When all that is ready (hope very soon) then the team there fold into vaults for phase II and III. So I do expect we will see even faster progress through the rest of the phases, although some are larger than others. III for instance is only adding the first farming algorithm. IV may be split in 2, one to allow testing RMD/SMD then the last to test node age in full. Then that’s it :wink:

30 Likes

The guys with the Renault logo that were heckled at the blackhat conference as frauds. I am not sure I have not read much on them. Who knows it may be real and break every system known to man, not only safe, or it may not.

1 Like

Flashy website. Light on details

2 Likes

ye they are a scam lets get back to work guys nothing to see here

1 Like

Sorry @anon94252342 but you don’t understand how SAFE works. Only you own your information in SAFE. There is no middleman who promises to never give it to another. Let Them go play with others like them (Google, Facebook) in the sandbox :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I think you were thinking “Peugeot” :wink:
It is exactly Peugeot’s logo from 1950 with two extra legs… I think they were like “Americans don’t know french cars, they won’t notice…”

5 Likes

Loving the new medium article. Well done Maidsafe! Keep them coming!

Just posted here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/co3i8v/removing_the_gatekeepers_the_promise_of_a/

14 Likes

Hey :wave:
I like to ensure the board shows what’s reflected in the DevUpdate before I change things about. But I’ve just added the September lane and from now on I’ll add the month as we get to it. Thanks :wink:

11 Likes

Ooooone moment! This would mean that the plan is to lock people into your resolution scheme instead of creating a more open solution that would enable name resolution as plug-in?! (until now I assumed first come first serve was just planned as first implementation to get something started… I wasn’t aware you want to invest energy into locking people into it…)

1. Why would you want to have the burdon of developing/improving the name resolution systematics over time? Oo

2. Why would you not want to enable concurrent name resolution schemes which would make domain squatting dangerous and would enable different solutions to this task so people can choose the scheme they want to use themselves…

3 Likes

No there is no plan, it was just me thinking out loud from a technical point of view about the point being raised that the resolution is only client side, which I believe it doesn’t have to be. I have no idea if in the case we wanted to have more than one resolution could be the same, I’d need to research and learn a lot more before being able to comment.

What I do think is that regardless how many resolutions you may have in the network/routing, you still can have others as plugins/client-side if you keep the xorname resolution, so it’s not one or the other it seems, but again, there is no plan, I’m again thinking out loud.

8 Likes

Right - okay - glad to hear that :blush:

Was just checking because I was shocked for a moment :wink:

4 Likes

Great update Maidsafe devs.

:partying_face: LOL you’ll be able to send all 2440 cryptocurrencies in existence to 1 URL on the SAFE Network :exploding_head:

Super exited about the rest as well, keep up the good work super ants.

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks for the hard work of the whole MaidSafe team! It’s very exciting to see everything fit together little by little! :slight_smile:

The translation into Bulgarian :wink: :
https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-новини-8-8-2019/

17 Likes

Great update, keep up the good work. We all root for you - go safe team!

12 Likes