SAFE Network Dev Update - August 1, 2019

Excellent progress! Thanks so much to the entire team for all of the hard work you put in.

9 Likes

Very nice! Well done. This opens the door for some novel functionality.

Thank you @Krishna for all your hard work.

11 Likes

It was clear things were finally approaching the steep downward slope of the rollar coaster. Weeeee!!! :grin: :scream:

I still wanna thank @Viv @pierrechevalier83 @AndreasF and all those lost to various circumstances. You will all be missed, honored, and memorialized. You all helped pull this behemoth child forward. For this I respect you all greatly. Especially you @Viv ! Cheers! Youā€™re a beast! Now we watch another departā€¦ Be well @Krishna ! Though we have no reason to believe you wonā€™t beā€¦ :v: :relaxed:

15 Likes

Yet another unbelievable update. Here we go, people.

7 Likes

anyone know what phase 4 for vault is about? everywhere i look in github there is only 3 mentioned, same in the gantt chartā€¦

4 Likes

Great update as per usual! :wink:

To all the forum regulars ā€“ make sure to follow the links to the medium articles and give each of them as many ā€œclapsā€ as you can ā€¦ leaving praise in the comments is good too - helps to spread the word by raising the profile of the articles on medium.

16 Likes

Great update team! Another week of fast progress! Lovinā€™ it! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Fleming ā€¦ :wink:

15 Likes

A bit off topic, but I just noticed that the SAFE Gossip email is not mobile friendly. The font size on mobile is much smaller than regular mails.

1 Like

Thanks for flagging, can you send me a screenshot in a DM? Its appearing ok for me.

4 Likes

Whoā€™s birthday is the 6th of August :shushing_face:

1 Like

Reading the Safe Gossip newsletter this week - the mention of the Safe Networkā€™s ideals of banking the unbanked and the problems of centralization of mining with regard to bitcoin ā€¦ and how the Safe Network will alleviate that issue with the decentralization of farming ā€¦ it occurred to me that PtD and PtP are also potential means to do the same thing ā€¦ so Iā€™m now more conflicted than ever about these additional network payout methods (having been against them in the past).

@dirvine --What is the current thinking on PtD and PtP with the team? Pro or no? Or is it at the very back of the que of considerations right now?

10 Likes

None as of yet on PtP, everyone has differing thoughts on this one I think. PtD is set though, PtP is the one where there are issues. We shall see though when the whole thing is running / Beta as we can debate it much better. It seems a subject where folk take a stance and stay there, so it should be interesting.

16 Likes

@neo has the best pro PtP argumentation. Bar none.

2 Likes

but this is not the place, too many different views

6 Likes

Thank you for the great work team MaidSafe! :slight_smile: The Bulgarian translation is available here:

https://safenetwork.bg/safe-network-Š½Š¾Š²ŠøŠ½Šø-1-8-2019/

@Krishna I wish you all the best in the new journey and above all to be alive and well to see the SAFE fruits of your labor :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing updates. The process looks good :100:

5 Likes