SAFE Network Dev Update - April 30, 2020

In America, Knickers is just a basketball team in New York. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, around where I learned English, if you said ā€œknickersā€, they would probably just shoot you for lack of patriotism. Also, itā€™s best not to mention northern states like New York at all. But come to think of it, itā€™s not impossible somebody might say ā€œpanties in a bunchā€.

2 Likes

Texas? Georgia? Alabama? Mississippi? Tennessee?

3 Likes

Louisiana and Georgia.
How is: ā€œDonā€™t choke on your grits, boy!ā€? (I just made that up.)

3 Likes

Why there no news about farming?

2 Likes

ā€œDonā€™t be gettinā€™ yā€™allā€™s panties in no bunch now, ya hear?ā€
:cowboy_hat_face:
I like it!
Keep on farminā€™!

EDIT: Colloquial Swedish from the Finnish archipelago.
ā€œTvinn inga knut op kaliistren!ā€

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a link to where you can subscribe to Farmers Weekly Lackys, youā€™ll get all your farming news there:)

7 Likes

There are notes in a code branch working on the at2 implementation of Safecoin that mentions where section debits and farming come from. They have these things sorted internally as they had been sharing such info with us several weeks ago but at2 implementation of Safecoin is taking precedence at the moment. Weā€™ll likely hear more about farming after gossip has been added (to prevent double spending) and testing has shown positive results.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m addicted. At first I didnā€™t know a whole lot but Iā€™ve learned a ton here since joining the general crypto scene in 2013 and itā€™s opened my eyes about other projects and approaches. So as time went on I wasnā€™t just addicted to the vision of what the internet should be and how it could be done but to the actual problem solving of how that is being implemented.
Thereā€™s a lot to like about this project. Itā€™s got the vision, itā€™s got a quality and devoted community, it isnā€™t swimming in money and weā€™re mostly not all here for the money anyhow, and a decent amount of folks here either know exactly where the project is or can follow along well enough from a high level to know we are making good headway. The best news is the inventing of the fundamental network is done.

Down playing the ā€œbabyā€ steps is simply ridiculous. Itā€™s actually proving almost precisely what you are complaining about not seeing. What project ever just hit the ground running without some demo, testnet, alpha, or beta?? Answer is none so I really donā€™t get that point of your criticism.

24 Likes

Lol. Okay, Iā€™ll try to use small words. Every single company I have worked for has both positive and negative reviews. Ironically, MaidSafe (who I do not work for), has higher avg. reviews than most of the companies Iā€™ve worked for (which have won awards for being great places to work). Even though those companies were great places to work on average, they werenā€™t great places for everyone because everyone is different.

Anyway, most people would agree that a score like this is pretty solid:

For reference, Apple has 4.1, Teska has a 3.4, and Amazon has a 3.9ā€¦

The only thing MaidSafe has promised is to keep trying to solve the challenges that a centralized internet has created by endeavoring to build a decentralized Internet. So far, theyā€™ve done just that.

24 Likes

Lol so better than amazon and Tesla and close to as good as apple. That comment alone shot his argument in the foot and really points out what kind of limited world view heā€™s coming from. Donā€™t mean to insult here but I wonā€™t mince words when it comes to the logic behind his criticism either.

7 Likes

2 of the 13 reviews are bad and there rest are nothing but praise. So iā€™m supposed to believe 2 people over 11? Does that seem logical at all?

8 Likes

I want to know more about this vast estate and small town that David ownsā€¦

10 Likes

ā€œYou canā€™t let praise or criticism get to you. Itā€™s a weakness to get caught up in either one.ā€ ā€“ John Wooden (famous American college basketball coach and mentor)

7 Likes

Me too, it sounds wonderful. I will decree that everyone is looked after and they must pay fealty when I gallop through my village on my trusty steed Meg.

13 Likes

That is called an egocentric bias and false-consensus bias. Oh I am sorry, were those ā€œbig wordsā€ for you? It means that you are so immature to fail to see that not everyone else is as ignorant as you are. You think that because you donā€™t understand it, then nobody else must understand it.
I do understand it. Tim Berners-Lee understands it, Mike Judge understood it and built a whole series about it.

And the milestones that they are accomplishing are in fact the empirical evidence that you areā€¦ wait a second do we have cherry picking and sample bias here as well?

Dude, whatā€™s the point of answering you when you canā€™t even reason properly.

9 Likes

Maybe he doesnā€™t understand consensus? Heā€™s definitely not in the right arena if thatā€™s the case.

3 Likes

OK guys enough of personal digs, you can address the points, but please keep personal digs to an absolute minimum

12 Likes

Yeah dude 2/11 people had a bad experience, dissenting engineers or whatever have you. I am sure every employee has a lot of passion going into what they were working on and tempers can get hot and disagreements are had in how things get handled. Hopefully MaidSafe still reviews even the few negative ones and self-reflects on what could be improved internally to have had better outcomes with said employees. Important to be humble in this business, especially one where you are trying to do something that has never really been done at scale and successfully.

4 Likes

You picked me in one. Reading the updates for 3 years and still waiting to understand what it means. Havenā€™t bet the house on it but if it happens I can brag I wish there

1 Like