SAFE Network concerns from an old employee

@HelpMe This will be our secure intergalactic communications/transportation network that we get teleported over. Minor oversight on your part

4 Likes

I come from the future with a time travel device, invented right after the transporter. I can tell you: this will be not the case :wink:

1 Like

If this were a company looking to protect its investors and wanting to get future fundingā€¦ Just look at the track record and your resume is complete.

@HelpMe you need help man, if by investor you mean coin holder. Your coins bought at crowdsale are worth significantly more now. What you moaning about.

2 Likes

Not sure what you are on about. The last few months have been nothing but good news for investors. Alpha, the upcoming Bank to the Future pitch, new hires and a lot of exposure and new active forum members willing to contribute to the project.

If you feel that all this isnā€™t in your best interest as an investor you should consider cashing out and investing into something where you feel more appreciated as an investor.

Or you could give some constructive feedback about what the project should be doing according to you. Just complaining about not moving forward fast enough isnā€™t going to help anybody.

3 Likes

Just look at the Charts ā€¦ It speaks for itselfā€¦ Fanboys ā€¦ Your so predictableā€¦

You are correct I am a fanā€¦ my coins are way up on what I paid for them but mostly because itā€™s an awesome project. Not sure what charts you looking at.

1 Like

Perhaps show us the chart you are referring to and explain what we are missing? Iā€™m sure if you make a good case you may be able to convince us that you are right. Youā€™re not going to do that by responding that we are predictable fanboys.

Either way my advice still stands, just cash out if you feel that your needs as an investor are not being met.

So you really want me to belive you have never look at the charts ā€¦ Really ā€¦ WOWā€¦ Cant fix stupid.

How recently did you get in?

Oh Iā€™ve looked at those charts, but Iā€™m just not seeing why you feel investors are being neglected. In my previous post I asked you to explain what you are seeing in the chart that Iā€™m not. You havenā€™t done that yet. When I look at the past two years on that chart I see that the current price is the highest it has been besides the peak that we had between the end of February and the middle of April this year. And recently the coin has been doing very well.

So either you got in between the end of February and the middle of April or you just have higher expectations than the average investor. Perhaps you can explain us your situation since you seem to be looking for some sympathy. You wonā€™t achieve that by referring to ā€˜the chartsā€™ without explaining why the charts are bad according to you or by calling us fanboys.

1 Like

This is not about me. I had faith in the project. Thats why i invested. Its the Management that i cant understand. No investor is going to put up with these losses. I am speaking for every investor up and down the charts. There is no joy.
And according to the charts im not alone.

Yeah Iā€™m asking when you invested. You do know that others speculate and manipulate right? Do you know what going long is?

We have a Price and trading topic to talk prices. Itā€™s not allowed to discuss prices and charts in other topics. I canā€™t move your post to that topic because you are not at TL2. So keep on topic and discuss the OP in line with the forum guidelines. That means, leave out personal attacks and improve the discussion.

5 Likes

I very much look forward to the day that weā€™re fully functional and the network is proving itself with data that remains secure. Until then maybe you should just do a weekly 2 hour Q&A or something David? We all need this to happen as soon as possible, time-wasting needs to be kept to a minimum. There are enough smart forumites that most of the questions can be fielded by them anyway.

I dunno, maybe it is still important to be seen daily, silence looks bad, but nothing speaks as loudly as results. At least with a Q&A any question does get addressed.

There shouldnā€™t be so many complicated hurdles and political concerns on the road to realising a technical vision like this :disappointed:. Humanity should be greasing the wheels rather than laying down speed bumps. Maybe Iā€™m just a hopeless fanboy (no, definitely ;)), but maidsafe have had to drag themselves through a muddy quagmire of misfortune and up a steep hill of challenges already (over doing it on the metaphors lol). Theyā€™ve behaved admirably through all of it imo. The goal they are pursuing is one that would really benefit everyone in profound ways. I know Iā€™m too evangelical to be taken seriously, but it feels to me like any criticism that is not constructive, at this stage, is obviously misguided because it implies they donā€™t want it to succeed. Once the beta is launched the destructive hacks and attacks are all good and inevitableā€¦ SAFE is no good to anyone if it is vulnerable.

Letā€™s all stay on track. SAFE does have a lot of innovations that make it high risk. Those same ā€˜riskyā€™ innovations also set it apart from other projects and lend it enormous potential (without doubt the greatest potential of any crypto project Iā€™ve looked into). It may not work, or it may take a long time to get right, or it may work amazingly well much sooner than any of the sceptics expected. None of us can know what the future holds, but we are here because we know what we want it to hold and we show some faith with the time and money we invest that David and the team are capable of solving the problems they must to get this done. From my lay perspective it looks like they have already solved almost all of them, I see no reason to doubt that they will polish it off over coming months. The fundamentals remain unchanged as far as I can see.

/bring on beta

5 Likes

Yeah, it gets into everyoneā€™s headsā€¦ thatā€™s fear, uncertainty and doubt for you :wink:

I feel it too, I guess you just have to make sure your decisions are calculated and not emotionalā€¦ whether itā€™s fud or falling in love with the idea, either is dangerous I guess.

I feel conflicted like anyone with money on the line, but it just feels like yet another test of resolve. I have been here many times beforeā€¦ fear has rarely been a good decision maker in my experience.

Everyone has to do whatā€™s right for them. I donā€™t mind some risk, you canā€™t get anywhere without taking a lot of those. Iā€™m only really concerned by the risk/reward ratio in terms of investmentā€¦ which still feels pretty ridic to me. Everyone has to gauge their own feelings about that though.

3 Likes

Iā€™m dumbfounded by how much attention and commotion this nobody has garnered.
Seriously astonished.

5 Likes

I agree. I guess SAFE is for adultsā€¦not children. :grin:

1 Like

meh, i wanted to call it first (and got distracted ;))

but couldnt we move all that fud to another thread? doesnt have to be prices (yet). i mean its kinda ridiculous that you cant move that stuff >because< he/she hasnt been around long enough/contributed enough.

You shouldnt be.

Give a man a stage, bright lites and music. Heā€™ll surely perform.

Turn off the lites and music and heā€™ll walk off the stage and look for a new venue.

There is an agenda here and it aint related to code.

Ignore the noise.

On an unrelated note- keep dry!

3 Likes