Safe Network Competitive Review

And there is the manipulation of the end user by browser makers even beyond privacy. End users need total control of the user interface and of browser funtionality otherwise it can’t be trusted and shouldn’t be used because it just becomes a conditioning tool with all the user established settings being constantly overridden with useless publisher updates. It can’t be a stakeholder model because at the bottom line end user level there is no stake except each of us as end users and a dictatorship of the end user.

Lets name some of the evils: modal ads, unnecessary modal anything, screwing scroll bars, screwing with volume, screwing with page reloading and page load halting, screwing with sizing and window selection and closure, pop ups, accessing mics and cameras, screen capture and preventing user screen capture or text copying-pasting, screwing with links, trying to capture links and histories, preventing playback from being halted or preventing mute from being used, forcing auto start of videos…
In short nothing the ad and theft of attention industry wants can ever be allowed or its sliding down a slope toward being refuse. SAFE could be pefect but a defective end user arrangement would be like getting the whole spirit of the project defeated by a lame social hack. Can’t wait for a SAFE browser to achieve this on mobile. But I guess that’s going in the direction
of a SAFE mesh based phone with verified hardware- someday.

1 Like

Depends on where you are targeting. For general user adoption, the hybrid approach if they way. Die hards about security can stick to solutions proven safe. What I mean is I have tried the safe browser. I applaud the effort and look forward to where it goes. But I use my chrome and firefox and Edge etc. I have grown more liking firefox because it is open-sourced, they are trying to honest about anything THEY collect and are building in lots of controls so PERSON and decide what data to allow. I feel it would be a good target with a plugin.

Remember, in personal freedom, the individual has the ultimate responsibility for themselves. The entity doing the safe browser becomes the gatekeeper and authority if they only allow safe plugins, for example. And that is fine, as long as I do not HAVE to use it. That is called the free market. If you want a better value and someone can provide it, use it (and even pay if that valuable) or build it yourself and give or sell or whatever. It is when you get forced to do or use something that your freedom is taken away.